Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's a difference between passion and aggressively acting towards a man in his mid 40's who gave the wrong decision over a throw in. 

There is. It's a fine line in the heat of the moment though.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's a difference between passion and aggressively acting towards a man in his mid 40's who gave the wrong decision over a throw in. 

I wonder if you be saying that if it led to a derby equaliser? 

It was passion his emotions took over. It was silly no doubt and deserves punishment. Like I said two week fine and 4 game ban max. Why anyone supports more I will never understand 

He was stupid and he has paid the price although it appears from what posters are saying and for that matter Bruce that it was a much more severe punishment. Not sure why. It just smacks of the usual FA obscurity.

Slightly off topic but will the linesman have his performance reviewed and will he suffer any sanction? That is not some sideways defence of Bacuna but I have bugbear about the too often low standards of refereeing and them being totally insulated from any criticism or seemingly  any sanction. Why can't they be charged by the FA for not doing their job properly?

22 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just a little reminder that Sol Bamba only got a 3 match ban for this -

regardless of how you think about Bacunas ban, you have to see the inconsistency and hypocrisy from the FA here.

21 minutes ago, a m ole said:

regardless of how you think about Bacunas ban, you have to see the inconsistency and hypocrisy from the FA here.

Am I missing something obvious? He doesn't touch any match officials does he? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am I missing something obvious? He doesn't touch any match officials does he? 

He aggressively points his finger in the face of one of them, shoves a physio, completely loses his head for 2 whole minutes. Shoves a physio, shoves his own manager.

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He aggressively points his finger in the face of one of them, shoves a physio, completely loses his head for 2 whole minutes. Shoves a physio, shoves his own manager.

I don't think it's the same thing. Obviously the fa don't either

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I don't think it's the same thing. But I don't think one is any worse than the other.

I guess I do. It's a problem, but not such a big problem for the fa, if a a Cardiff City player pushes a Cardiff City physio or a Cardiff City manager. That suggests the main punishment should come from the club. Bumping heads and chests with a linesman pretty much has to be worse from the fa's point of view. 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. Maybe my point was lost. 

It was not a defence of Bacuna, merely a rebuttal of the idea that he is comparable to a criminal, which is what @peterms suggested. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess I do. It's a problem, but not such a big problem for the fa, if a a Cardiff City player pushes a Cardiff City physio or a Cardiff City manager. That suggests the main punishment should come from the club. Bumping heads and chests with a linesman pretty much has to be worse from the fa's point of view. 

fair enough. I'd argue he didn't bump heads though, he bumped into the refs side with his chest.

I eagerly await to see how long the ban for Mings is after just stamping on ibrahimovic's head, anything less than double what Bacuna received would be an injustice.

So just watching the United Bournemouth game and I have just seen Mings stamp on the head of Ibrahimovic, who then got revenge by intentionally elbowing him in the face. Neither player was sent off... I wonder if they will get a lengthy ban?? 

What has also annoyed me is the fact the Gary Neville has said the ref has bottled it, because he is at Old Trafford.... I'm sorry, but, WHAT?!?!

I hate PL referees - they are all completely useless. I also hate the FA. 

Bacuna walking into someone is NOT a 6 match ban offence. Jog on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely. Maybe my point was lost. 

It was not a defence of Bacuna, merely a rebuttal of the idea that he is comparable to a criminal, which is what @peterms suggested. 

I'll assume that you are misrepresenting for effect, rather than having a problem with comprehension.

Just now, peterms said:

I'll assume that you are misrepresenting for effect, rather than having a problem with comprehension.

No. That's how your post was presented. You likened the two and suggested more extreme action, which I then argued against. 

I didn't once say he shouldn't be punished and he has been. 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's how your post was presented. You likened the two and suggested more extreme action

No. :) 

He used a different set of circumstances, but one which is familiar.  He didn't compare Bacuna to a criminal, he compared the absences from availability for employment in order to make a point about payment for the (non) fulfilment of contractual duties.

Ner ner ner ner.

25 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. :) 

He used a different set of circumstances, but one which is familiar.  He didn't compare Bacuna to a criminal, he compared the absences from availability for employment in order to make a point about payment for the (non) fulfilment of contractual duties.

Ner ner ner ner.

He said, and I quote;

If he tripped over and twisted his ankle, you'd pay him as normal.

If he was imprisoned for something, you'd take him off the payroll.

I think the second is the better comparison. 

I expanded on that point, I went quite a way beyond it actually. Sorry if I've misconstrued, you clearly took it to mean something else, and it's a shame that this is the debate that has been focused on. Not my intention in either case. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It was stupid but at least the guy showed passion. People moaning our players don't do show passion but from what I saw was from bacunas reaction was a guy desperate to win and end this shocking run.

Stupid passion I can live without.

By getting himself sent off he did of course put the team more in peril of failing to end the shocking run.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

So just watching the United Bournemouth game and I have just seen Mings stamp on the head of Ibrahimovic, who then got revenge by intentionally elbowing him in the face. Neither player was sent off... I wonder if they will get a lengthy ban?? 

What has also annoyed me is the fact the Gary Neville has said the ref has bottled it, because he is at Old Trafford.... I'm sorry, but, WHAT?!?!

I hate PL referees - they are all completely useless. I also hate the FA. 

Bacuna walking into someone is NOT a 6 match ban offence. Jog on. 

I think they will get a lengthy ban, yes.

However, despite the aggression of their actions, you simply cannot be physically aggressive with match officials.