Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Hutton should be our first choice RB and he simply can't be picked ahead of our other options in midfield or as the wide players in a front three.

Agreed. He's a solid squad player but not good enough to be a first XI regular. I'm not sure what Tim sees in him as he's so inconsistent. 

The man is clueless as is who ever gave him another 5 year contract, will never make a premiership player in any position

I hate to break it to you, but the guy's beginning his third full season as a Premier League player.

Yes and nearly been relegated the last 2 years

To be fair he has been one of the better players in both seasons, his contribution with goals in his first season and assists in his second has been very valuable.

He has been poor in the last 2 games though, I grant that.

Edited by WooJung

it is odd, he's scored some good goals and made some good crosses almost as a fringe player.

but now that it finally feels like he's cemented a place in the side, he's been utterly ineffective.

Edited by VillanousOne

I don't know what Sherwood was doing playing Bacuna so far forward.  He just isn't good enough to play there.  We had players on the bench who could and in my view should have started ahead of him (Gil and Cole).  I don't mind him at right back, but to be fair Hutton has come right back in and looked like a first choice right back against Sunderland.

Not a regular starter for me. Hutton is a much better right back and we have far better options for the wide midfield/wide forward berths. Yesterday with Gabby, Grealish and Traore all out and Gil still finding his fitness I can though see why he started.

It was a big mistake from TS to start him in that role for me. It was obvious from minute one that he can't play that position. I have no idea why he didn't start Gil, I can only assume fitness but he played 120mins in the week didn't he? We looked clueless at the start of 2nd half but when Gil came on he was involved in about 4 chances

• Like 1

I feel that he's being shoehorned into the team off the back of popping up with an assist.

In a lot of ways, Bacuna is a prime example of why stats aren't always the best way of judging a player - sometimes you watch a player and just know he's a good player, you don't need to read any numbers.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but for me he's 2nd choice RB in our current squad and no more.

I feel that he's being shoehorned into the team off the back of popping up with an assist.

In a lot of ways, Bacuna is a prime example of why stats aren't always the best way of judging a player - sometimes you watch a player and just know he's a good player, you don't need to read any numbers.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but for me he's 2nd choice RB in our current squad and no more.

I think with the injuries to Grealish, Traore, lack of fitness from Gil  and Gabby being 'ill' - TS had no other option but to play him yesterday.

With the signing of Illori, I think bacuna will be a right wing back. Him and Amavi flying down each wing giving us width. Bit harsh on Hutton, but Sherwood seems to really like him.

What's gonna happen to Traore? I don't see us playing with wing backs anytime soon.

With the signing of Illori, I think bacuna will be a right wing back. Him and Amavi flying down each wing giving us width. Bit harsh on Hutton, but Sherwood seems to really like him.

What's gonna happen to Traore? I don't see us playing with wing backs anytime soon.

Depends on the opposition. Against the top sides a back three could be useful.

He's so oblivious to everything, and doesn't have the technical abilities to get himself out of trouble.

Very NRC like in ball management. It's a real ordeal for him to get the ball under control and he has to concentrate totally on his feet for it, meaning he's got no idea what's going on around him.

He's never ever looked anything other than poor in CM. No more thanks.

He's so oblivious to everything, and doesn't have the technical abilities to get himself out of trouble.

Very NRC like in ball management. It's a real ordeal for him to get the ball under control and he has to concentrate totally on his feet for it, meaning he's got no idea what's going on around him.

He's never ever looked anything other than poor in CM. No more thanks.

I don't think he should be a starter, he isn't very good in the middle of the park and he isn't very good at right back.

• 2 weeks later...