Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Just seemed the clearest way to do it.  Have I broken a VT covenant or rule?  If so, please accept my sincere apologies....

From the posting guidelines.  You must have scanned over this bit when reading them ;)

Occasionally the moderating team may edit a post. Where appropriate, this will be recorded by placing comments in red text

. If this happens to one of your posts, please do not edit what the moderator has written. If a moderator writes in

red text

, they are speaking as a moderator. Please avoid using

red text

in your posts and signatures for this reason. If they use any other colour, they are speaking as themselves. Mods are people too.[/quote]

Bacuna is a bang average full back, but he was doing perfectly fine until Tactics Tim decided to ruin the team shape. I think what he gives us going forward in comparison to Hutton is well worth the defensive issues. This should be where the team part of team comes into play and Richards/one of the midfielders know to help out. 

If we're going to play gil/grealish/traore, Bacuna's ability on the ball is required at the back as Hutton a pretty useless passer. 

I don't get it, am I trolling by mentioning Lowton? Is Lowton a troll? Do trolls agree with opinions on right backs.

think you need to post the gif, rather than fluffing your audience

Oh and as an incentive 'Would prefer Bryan Small at this stage' 

The first one (though I appreciate you're not really trolling, it's just a very bizarre opinion).

Lowton had a decent first season and then massively regressed over the next two seasons. He was way too slow to defend in the Premier League, and there's a reason he's playing in the Championship. He isn't now, and never was, a better option than Hutton, and I just don't see how you can claim he is. 

it's an opinion, not really a bizarre one either. I never rated Lowton that much, I used him to make a withering point about how crap Hutton and Bacuna are, not how great Lowton was/is. 

also Hutton maybe better than Lowton but that's not saying much is it.

I actually like Bacuna, he can cross and take a mean free kick and he has pace and strength, but for some reason this season so far he looks like a rabbit in the headlights and doesn't know what he is doing. Maybe it's a confidence thing, but i'd rather we played someone else at right back presently, even if that does mean Hutton.

He is another player who is better when we are in the ascendency......when we are on the back foot he is concerning

For me,the first pre-requisite of a full back,is to defend...... the rest is a bonus.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He is another player who is better when we are in the ascendency......when we are on the back foot he is concerning

For me,the first pre-requisite of a full back,is to defend...... the rest is a bonus.

The way Richards has been powering out of defence he may aswell take one for the team and go back to RB

Richards - Lescott - Clark - Amavi

job done.

but that wont happen, id certainly be starting with Hutton after his display at the weekend, just looks very laboured whenever he receives the ball, wants an age when picking a pass (and a throw in incidentally mainly due to the total non-movement we still have in front of him). He has a bad habit of dawdling on the ball and normally gets dispossessed or plays a ball that isnt on leaving us in trouble.

KHV is right.

We can argue about his pace, his position all day long. But ultimately, he's a championship level player. 

I believe that too. Don't get me wrong he has scored some great goals and provided some good assists and I can never fault his effort either. I don't think he is without talent but I feel the premier league is just a bit too much for him. He seems to be a jack of all trades and master of none type player, throughout his career he has played at right back, on the wings and in the middle of the park which has probably hindered him more than anything. I have no issue with him being a squad player, however starting week in week out is a no no for me

He's actually a very good athlete in my opinion, but just an utterly, tactically clueless footballer, he doesn't understand the basics of positioning, reading the game and making good decision on the pitch.

At best he's a utility player, he should not be starting. Hutton is the superior right back. 

• Like 1