Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I don't see us buying another right back. I think Tim is happy with Bacuna and Hutton. I expect Bacuna to be first choice this season, and next year Hutton will leave and we will bring someone better in and make Bacuna back up. Unless of course Bacuna continues to develop in which case he may keep his place.

I just think that Tim really likes Bacuna, and he probably thinks they can coach him to be a better defender.

• Like 3

I rate Bacuna and I think he gets some unfair stick. He's not a world beater but he does a good job and he's a hard worker. We do need a new RB but I don't think that's particularly a priority right now and as GeordieVillan says I suspect we will replace Hutton with Bacuna as a back up in the future.

He plays with plenty of energy, he is a good utility player, he'll be on comparatively low wages, he's still young and so it makes perfect sense to sign him up long term.

Still think he's one of the weak links in our team.

But only in relative terms and no more so than Clarke/Okore/Baker/Guzan/Agbonlahor/Kozak/Hutton. Better than Lowton (I know he has gone but that's the point). There's no way we are going to spend another £10m on a Amavi style RB at this point.

I like him, can be good or average but rarely catastrophic.

Clearing out the deadwood and tying our younger assets down with long contracts.....

hang on a minute, is someone trying to run the club properly.......

Peoples concerns about him being a weak link shows what potential the rest of the squad is starting to show (imo). With people like Amavi in the squad, bacuna may continue to develop into a class act!

That is actually a very good point

Clearing out the deadwood and tying our younger assets down with long contracts.....

hang on a minute, is someone trying to run the club properly.......

Peoples concerns about him being a weak link shows what potential the rest of the squad is starting to show (imo). With people like Amavi in the squad, bacuna may continue to develop into a class act!

That is actually a very good point

I try....