Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

It's odd, he always looks to pass backwards and dithers in possession which puts pressure on himself and provides no useful outlet down the right at all.

I think he only got forward 2 or 3 times the game vs Leicester and that was only when all the team were pushing forward, he never takes the ball on the break anymore.

I think Sherwood has curbed what limited attacking instincts he did have rendering him about as much use as a cat flap in a chicken shed.

Hutton is a more natural option but he's just an accident waiting to happen, he never stops crosses coming in, even more likely to get turned over but does get forward well and can be positionally a bit more savvy. Either way its like having dumb and dumber as our right back options. Would prefer Lowton at this stage.

It's sad that I've already used my 'trollface gif' allocation, as this really would be the perfect place to leave it. 

• Like 1

Not good enough to be our first choice RB, alright back up. I still don't think he's ever going to be good enough to play in midfield at this level, but would like to be proved wrong - he's certainly capable of pulling off some great things in attacking play from time to time, and is quick and strong. Needs to be more composed and technically aware.

I don't get it, am I trolling by mentioning Lowton? Is Lowton a troll? Do trolls agree with opinions on right backs.

think you need to post the gif, rather than fluffing your audience

Oh and as an incentive 'Would prefer Bryan Small at this stage' 

The first one (though I appreciate you're not really trolling, it's just a very bizarre opinion).

Lowton had a decent first season and then massively regressed over the next two seasons. He was way too slow to defend in the Premier League, and there's a reason he's playing in the Championship. He isn't now, and never was, a better option than Hutton, and I just don't see how you can claim he is. 

bacuna is not Premier League quality, the way i see it it this way..

2/10... out of 10 prem games you will get 2 performances the 8 are a disaster.

again we look at the league & its settling down now,you can see how this is going to plan out & were in mid september

How people think we will avoid another relegation battle with players as shit as Bacuna in a starting 11 is beyond me

I've just looked at this thread for the first time in a few weeks and seen this gem of an overreaction post.

1) Bacuna has been in the starting eleven, on and off, for about 3 seasons now, and we've avoided relegation.

2) Does having one 'bad' player in your starting eleven mean you're a certainty to go down now? Also, if that's the case, is Bacuna then the worst starting player out of all the starting players in the league?

I've just looked at this thread for the first time in a few weeks and seen this gem of an overreaction post.

Perhaps but he was especially awful on Sunday.  Utter garbage so the reaction is understandable.

1) Bacuna has been in the starting eleven, on and off, for about 3 seasons now, and we've avoided relegation.

So his inclusion in a terrible team proves he is worthy of a spot in a better team?

2) Does having one 'bad' player in your starting eleven mean you're a certainty to go down now?

Not necessarily, but why include him if there are better options?

Also, if that's the case, is Bacuna then the worst starting player out of all the starting players in the league?

Probably not, but is that really the benchmark we want to set?

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

How people think we will avoid another relegation battle with players as shit as Bacuna in a starting 11 is beyond me

2) Does having one 'bad' player in your starting eleven mean you're a certainty to go down now? Also, if that's the case, is Bacuna then the worst starting player out of all the starting players in the league?

Please read my post again. I said relegation battle. And that has happened season after season as it will this year. Bacuna is a very poor player and he would not get into any stable midtable team

• Like 1

Bacuna for me is a very frustrating player. He has talent no doubt, but it's all to fleeting. Then just as I start to think the kindest option here is to take him round the back of VP and shoot him, he pops up with a moment of utter brilliance and gets let of the hook.

Edited by Supervillan78

Perhaps but he was especially awful on Sunday.  Utter garbage so the reaction is understandable.

So his inclusion in a terrible team proves he is worthy of a spot in a better team?

2) Does having one 'bad' player in your starting eleven mean you're a certainty to go down now?

Also, if that's the case, is Bacuna then the worst starting player out of all the starting players in the league?

It seems like you're responding to points that I haven't made Gary :S

On your first point, the reason for the overreaction is understandable, but I still don't agree with it. Labelling a player as 'shit' after a bad game is predictably frustrating, especially when the same posters probably crawl back into their shell as soon as the same player has a blinder and gets two assists.

On your other points, I haven't got a clue what you're getting at. I haven't said anything about  including him in a better team/ my selecting other options/ or setting a benchmark.

Arj, I can't seem to quote your last post without quoting a massive quote table (and I can't seem to delete previous posts when I do chose to quote the quote table FFS), so I'll just reply in a single post.

Fair point, you've said 'battle' and not 'relegation', but I will don't see how having one 'average' player like Bacuna in the eleven means we're definitely going to be in another battle.

Bacuna is the type of inconsistent, relatively young player, who sometimes is spectacular, other times is dreadful but most of the time is just 'okay'. He's one of our best crossers of the ball, he's strong, he's fast and he's relatively young (ie: still has much to learn and time to improve). He does sometimes go missing and does sometimes make mistakes, but how someone can basically cite him as our main or sole reason for being in a relegation battle, is beyond me.

One day he's poor, but in a months time it wouldn't be a shock to see him getting a couple of assists for Gestede in a Villa win, at which point all these moans of him being 'shit' will be seen as what they basically are, knee jerk overreactions due to a loss.

Posting in red?

Posting in red?

Just seemed the clearest way to do it.  Have I broken a VT covenant or rule?  If so, please accept my sincere apologies....

Posting in red?

why not?

• Like 1

Posting in red?

Just seemed the clearest way to do it.  Have I broken a VT covenant or rule?  If so, please accept my sincere apologies....

Going by my own experience - yes. Sincere apologies accepted....