Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I can tell you all Róisín is in bits about this. This clip is from the Rose of Tralee festival on Tuesday and it is one of the most watched live TV shows in Ireland and over 2000 people were in the audience. She was really nervous but doing fine until the FA Cup came out and the video and her mind just went blank. She is a massive Villa fan and always has been, just ask Peter Chatham or any of the lads from Murrays in Dublin . 

"Look at Róisín there. Doesn't Róisín have a lovely bottom?"

"Careful there Ted, that might offend the girls."

"Oh yeah, right you are...ahem, of course, they all have lovely bottoms." 

• Like 4

Signed a new deal until 2020.

Only official confirmation left.

There were reassured some doubts when Leandro Bacuna FC Groningen at Aston Villa left, but the winger has proven that he can compete well in the Premier League. The technical staff of Villa is very satisfied Bacuna and contract the Dutchman, which continued for a year, has now opened up and extended to the summer of 2020.

"This is fantastic," Bacuna tells Voetbal International. "This is a vote of confidence. I feel so at home at this club. Is not it great that a guy who played a few years ago at FC Groningen, under contract until 2020 stands at Aston Villa. I am sincerely proud and am going to give everything for this great club. "

Bacuna started his third season with Villa and Tim Sherwood had him in the first two league games this football year (against Bournemouth and Manchester United) ninety minute participate. In total, the count now at 56 league games in the Premier League. Last season with Villa still Bacuna reached the final of the FA Cup.

Bacuna extends until 2020

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

i like Bacuna.  glad to see he was resigned.  plenty of potential for me- pacy, tall, very athletic, still only 23, I'd like to see him focus on RB/RWB exclusively and see if he can nail down the spot for himself.  Solid squad player.

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 3

Deserved. Still not convinced he should be our first choice righty back, but right now he is.

Definitely a solid squad player and very useful, be interesting to see if he can kick on and make himself a proper right back.

• Like 1

Fair play to the lad.  It's easy to forget he's still only 23 (well tomorrow is his birthday ... so just 24).  Best years way ahead of him and hopefully plenty of development left.  Management have clearly seen enough to offer him a very impressive deal.  It's good to be tying down all of our players to long deals.  Can't imagine this one is breaking the bank.  I still need to see more from him to convince me that he's the answer to any of our questions on the righthand side, but I'm certainly not complaining that he'll be sticking around the place for a while yet.  If he can add a consistency and develop his game a bit more to add to his set-piece abilities then he could be a very effective player.

• Like 4