Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He had some encouraging displays at the back end of last season, got a hatful of assists and started his first season very well too. 5 goals from RB was impressive, the 2 FKs and that lovely strike to finish off that move at home to Norwich. But I agree he is a liability, some brainless play yesterday constantly putting us under pressure and he wasnt the only one. Does anyone capitulate like AVFC? We are masters of the blow up

Needs to be dropped immediately.  He's currently a liability at right back.  Goes AWOL more often than not.  Every time the camera seems to pan to his part of the pitch he's somewhere else.  Either Hutton or Ilori (if that's Tim's intent) need a chance there now.  Bacuna can continue his development out of the spotlight.

Hutton's time for a bit, let's get some solidity at the back, we can sacrifice the attacking element a bit now that Gil / Grealish are available.

Bacuna played like the man who's just got a nice new contract and lost his focus. A spell on the bench may help with that

How many times does he want to put his left arm out to block a player who's just turned inside him? He got away with it a lot but also handed out a few free kicks, depending on cover it's also a booking waitin gto happen or worse too. Should be showing the player outside. 

As everyone's saying, possibly time for a rest, Llori, Crespo and Hutton can all play there right? (apart from Richards, but he's clearly not going to unless we're forced too by injury)

Would like to see Llori given a go at RB from what I have read about him he can play there.  He’s young but he has experience in different leagues and as we have seen with Amavi young fast defenders can do well.  If not him maybe Crespo.  The right side of our defence was truly shocking yesterday in the second half.  This was not all Bacuna’s fault - the whole team kept drifting over to the left leaving massive gaps on the right side - but he certainly played his part.  At the time of the first substitution (65mins) Gil and Bacuna were exposed again and again down the right and we never learnt our lesson – watch again (if you dare) from 45min to 65min!  At 2-0 Sherwood should have brought Hutton on to play RB, moving Bacuna up to play a defensive midfield role.  For me we should use Bacuna as a utility player in this role and as RB cover.

• Like 1

People do realise that Ilori's name begins with a capital 'I' (eye) and not a capital 'L' (ell) right?  Because that's totes not going to annoy me forever and ever and ever :D

• Like 2

Do you think he's good enough to play for Aston Villa as a CM or as a Winger then?

Not as a starter but he's a useful player to have in your 25 man squad to cover injuries, maybe start a few cups games and make a few substitute appearances. He should only be a stop gap, never a regular starter.

Do you think he's good enough to play for Aston Villa as a CM or as a Winger then?

Not as a starter but he's a useful player to have in your 25 man squad to cover injuries, maybe start a few cups games and make a few substitute appearances. He should only be a stop gap, never a regular starter.

What is it with these quotes? Delphinho's post is being quoted as mine. I assume there must be some sort of problem here?

I watched it several times with the benefit of slow motion and still wasn't sure whether it was a foul or whether he had made contact with the ball.  So it would have been little more than a guess if the ref had given it, which would have been the wrong thing to do.  I think Bacuna had to be given the benefit of any doubt in that situation.

• Like 1

What is it with these quotes? Delphinho's post is being quoted as mine. I assume there must be some sort of problem here?

I was trying to clean up the massive multi-quoting so the threads actually readable and it went wrong...single quoting doesn't seem to be working for me.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

How did he play ahead of Hutton? Could've stopped first two goals.

No way could he have stopped the second - watch it again. Richards lost his man - Bacuna was marking two players at the back post, which he had to leave and still almost got the challenge in to block Vardy's equaliser.

For me he could've made the block on Vardy but didn't try enough to do so.

Once he had that tussle with vardy where he picked up a knock his head had gone and should've been the first sub off

Edited by mikeyp102

It's odd, he always looks to pass backwards and dithers in possession which puts pressure on himself and provides no useful outlet down the right at all.

I think he only got forward 2 or 3 times the game vs Leicester and that was only when all the team were pushing forward, he never takes the ball on the break anymore.

I think Sherwood has curbed what limited attacking instincts he did have rendering him about as much use as a cat flap in a chicken shed.

Hutton is a more natural option but he's just an accident waiting to happen, he never stops crosses coming in, even more likely to get turned over but does get forward well and can be positionally a bit more savvy. Either way its like having dumb and dumber as our right back options. Would prefer Lowton at this stage.

Edited by VillanousOne