Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Can't help but like the guy so I'm pleased he's got a new deal.  As many have said, not the greatest defensively, but always seems to give it his all and has a good delivery on him.

He'd make a very decent wing back... if we ever bother with them!

Fair play to the lad.  It's easy to forget he's still only 23 (well tomorrow is his birthday ... so just 24).  Best years way ahead of him and hopefully plenty of development left.  Management have clearly seen enough to offer him a very impressive deal.  It's good to be tying down all of our players to long deals.  Can't imagine this one is breaking the bank.  I still need to see more from him to convince me that he's the answer to any of our questions on the righthand side, but I'm certainly not complaining that he'll be sticking around the place for a while yet.  If he can add a consistency and develop his game a bit more to add to his set-piece abilities then he could be a very effective player.

That means he's 25 next year which is only a few years away from 30 which in turn is only 10 years away from being 40. So we've basically signed a pensioner on a 5-year deal - poor move by the club.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Great stuff. IMO he's out first choice right back and I'm quite happy with that - I think he can become a real player there, although he's likely to be targeted to an extent because of how good Amavi is.

Bacuna and Amavi are both capable of producing real quality for Gestede or whoever is up top as well. I like it. 

love that the club is so damn tidy right now

They are making it all look rather effortless aren't they?  Think I might try it myself.  It looks easy :)

• Like 1