Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Bizarre argument, it isnt Jordans fault if our manager picks him over some of our youth players for a bench spot, could be thathe does more in training, or any number of reasons, I honestly have no idea and nor do any of the rest of you. The loan will do Bowery good he needs games at his age and I hope he does well, like many others I see no real future for him at this club though. Loans can improve certain aspects of a players game but he doesnt look like ever having the technique to be a prem player.

No one was saying it was his fault, that blame lay with the manager.

As for games isn't he one of the more experienced players in the squad? He played many games prior to joining us.

I agree with EA that he's hindered the development of others. Even by just having him on the bench he gets that experience of PL football which someone like Carruthers or Grealish could have had.

I'm not really too fussed either way about Bowery as a signing though. I suppose he has played his part in certain games (West Ham/Stoke) with the effort he put in, however anyone with a similar fitness level could have done exactly the same. I'd be verrrrryyy surprised if he was here next year - and by 'here' I mean playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just training with the reserves as no one wanted him.

Grealish and Carruthers will have developed more by being out on loan playing competitive football than they would have warming our bench. If having Bowery on the bench meant we had the squad to be able to send them on loan then he's helped, not hindered, their development.
Was mainly referring to last year.

And also Carruthers and Grealish were just examples of players from our youth setup. Please tell me how Bowery has helped the development of the likes of Robinson, Burke, Johnson, etc.

Again, Burke and Johnson I think have both spent time out on loan. I'm not sure Robinson is ready for the first team yet so by not having to rush him in to make up numbers it may have been beneficial. 

Sounds unhappy with his time here to be honest, probably best for all parties if he leaves in the Summer as I doubt he'll be getting much game time in the future

He's nowhere near as unhappy with his time here as I am.

• Like 1

I agree with EA that he's hindered the development of others. Even by just having him on the bench he gets that experience of PL football which someone like Carruthers or Grealish could have had.

I'm not really too fussed either way about Bowery as a signing though. I suppose he has played his part in certain games (West Ham/Stoke) with the effort he put in, however anyone with a similar fitness level could have done exactly the same. I'd be verrrrryyy surprised if he was here next year - and by 'here' I mean playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just training with the reserves as no one wanted him.

Grealish and Carruthers will have developed more by being out on loan playing competitive football than they would have warming our bench. If having Bowery on the bench meant we had the squad to be able to send them on loan then he's helped, not hindered, their development.
Was mainly referring to last year.

And also Carruthers and Grealish were just examples of players from our youth setup. Please tell me how Bowery has helped the development of the likes of Robinson, Burke, Johnson, etc.

Again, Burke and Johnson I think have both spent time out on loan. I'm not sure Robinson is ready for the first team yet so by not having to rush him in to make up numbers it may have been beneficial. 

tumblr_lwhtxb5d3F1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Both of which were one month long deals, and Johnson's was in October 2012.

Oh and Bowery is ready for the first team? Never will be IMO, and I'm fairly certain you feel the same - just arguing for the sake of it.

It's just a stupid signing, when you've got better youngsters at U21 and U18 level why spend £500k on a complete no hoper from league 2 ? The development of others was sacrificed for Bowery

Name 4, then tell me why they've been held back by bowery. I'll even give you you a free pass to google the 4 players. However I'm looking forward to the indepth analysis that you have of those players and why they didn't make the first team because of Bowery.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it

Fonz

Carruthers

Burke

Drennan

And you can have a free pass to google them as you probably won't know of them

Carruthers is a midfielder and Burke is a wideman. as for Fonz didn't he start Lambert 1st home game and did **** all?

It was as bizarre a last minute gamble as signing Salifou from the Toblerone Swiss Division 4 (North).

nothing will ever be that bizarre. by looks of it at least Bowery wont be here 4 years

I don't think he is all that great but whenever he has played I don't think he has embarassed himself he just hasn't shown much quality. Look at some of Tonev or Bennett's performances in the past for example... Those guys have been really questionable at times.

• 1 month later...

Walking up to the ground today, I said to my mate that Bowery is going to score today. The equalizer wasn't quite what I had in mind though. Cracking cross for the 3rd goal, go and get one in the second half, champ !

Haha, saw that he was in the line-up and then he goes on to score an own-goal. He probably knows he hasn't got anything to do on this level, let alone the Championship, and then he puts it in the back of the net. The sooner he leaves the better.

Haha, saw that he was in the line-up and then he goes on to score an own-goal. He probably knows he hasn't got anything to do on this level, let alone the Championship, and then he puts it in the back of the net. The sooner he leaves the better.

What an odd comment, considering his performance today.

• Like 3

He looked good today, no question. He was definitely worth the cost of his transfer just for the cross for the 3rd goal. Really happy for the lad, especially after he was very unlucky to get the own goal. 

BUT it's probably still fair to say that he's got too much to prove - he hassled, harried, twisted and turned with great purpose, but he usually made the wrong decision with his shots - the two shots on target were both at the near post - and he could have played in other players on two occasions. 

Shouldn't be focusing on the negatives though - this was his best performance in a Villa shirt, and it came in the most important match of the season, so fair play, really happy for him. 

Â