Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Watching the highlights now and he stepped up - running the channels like the Agbonlahor/Young of the O'Neill days. Good work from the waiter, he'll be remembered for playing his part today and rightly should be.

Sorry one swallow don't make a sure not good enough at this level

Be fair, he's not exactly had a great deal of game time has he? I think a season out on loan in the Championship would do him the world of good.

Me too. Extend his deal, give him a (very)small increase in wages, to keep him happy, and see how he performs on loan and when he returns. The worst case scenario is that we would sell him and still make a profit on what we paid.

Before the Hull City game I would have got shot of this guy but he did really well, enough for me to want to see more of him.

What saw was a talented player working hard for the team however he was doing most of his work out wide when he really should be busting a gut inside the box. Also he likes to take the ball wide and shoot at the front post, this will never work and should have been addressed at school boy level.

Given the right coaching and a run in the team he could do well, however we can't afford to rely on a player who doesn't score goals playing up front so maybe Lambert should find a club with a good coach who will work with him while on loan and see how that works.

Couldn't score goals in lower league on a regular basis and for the vast majority of his time here has looked out of his depth. Trying hard is the minimum expectation not something to be praised because they lack ability.

Thanks for helping yesterday but he has no future at this club or this level.

If trying hard is the minimum BJ10, then 40% of the players in the league would be sold. Many try hard for a handful of games and then revert to the usual "I'll give you 90%". Every time I've seen Bowery he has literally given his all. He probably knows he's not Premier League quality right now, so is doing what he can to compensate that. I think it's extremely unfair to dismiss it as a given, when in this league it often isn't.

• Like 1

If trying hard is the minimum BJ10, then 40% of the players in the league would be sold. Many try hard for a handful of games and then revert to the usual "I'll give you 90%". Every time I've seen Bowery he has literally given his all. He probably knows he's not Premier League quality right now, so is doing what he can to compensate that. I think it's extremely unfair to dismiss it as a given, when in this league it often isn't.

Maybe if the last few years had been different then i'd feel differently towards bowery but i'm just so sick of watching poor football players playing for this club. I'm sure he's a nice guy and yes he does try hard but it's not enough. I'm bored of it, i want better and fingers crossed a new takeover means we will get better.

Trying hard is the minimum expectation not something to be praised because they lack ability.

But Bowery did more than "trying hard". He delivered a great cross to Weimann for the third, ran the channels brilliantly and was a constant goal threat throughout the game. All this after unexpectedly coming on for Gabby and scoring an OG. Give the lad some credit. 

Well done for not being a **** up once and because of that don't worry about the loss of points your presence has contributed to in the past.

You won't be playing next season or ever again. Bye.

So hard not to post on poster in response to rubbish like this
Why? Has he been a good signing? Has he contributed to Aston villa being successful?

Personally I think he's done fine with limited experience and game time. Contribution yesterday vital.

I still think he'll be off - remember we'll have Benteke and Kozak coming back next season. He's still going to be behind them. It'll be nice if he can play well for the last couple of games for his own sake, but then I think he probably ought to move on for his own sake, he's still unlikely to get more than a handful of games here next season regardless.

Sorry one swallow don't make a sure not good enough at this level

To be fair - it may sound harsh - but this is true. I thought he was great yesterday and turned the game for us. But he was up against a Hull defence who didn't really want to get stuck in - and with one mind on the cup final. He's been here a couple of seasons with not much impact at first team level.

Not just JB - but I think we dilly/dally with youngsters to much - waiting until there are around 23 / 24 before we finally say 'not good enough' - or focus has to be only to retain players who can make an impact at first team level - we shouldn't be swayed by one game - for Baker, Clark, Albrighton - not good enough - either promote Grealish, Doncien , Carruthers, or buy some better players

He's 22 years old made some great runs, caused problems, picked himself up after a deflected oggy and put in a great ball for the goal.

Not a bad day at the office for someone 'not good enough' .

If he can do that regularly then I believe he is good enough (squad player), my thoughts are he won't get the chance to show it and will be off.

Cheers for the performance Jordan

Couldn't score goals in lower league on a regular basis and for the vast majority of his time here has looked out of his depth. Trying hard is the minimum expectation not something to be praised because they lack ability.

Thanks for helping yesterday but he has no future at this club or this level.

I really can't disagree with this, Big_John. But I found your post yesterday extremely harsh. No way has Bowery been at fault for our lack of points this season. As I posted earlier in the thread, he has barely been on the pitch and when he has, we have often been getting points. 

Â