Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is making a shock £1.2 million move for Chesterfield's young giant striker Jordan Bowery - in a surprise solution.

Lambert is under fire to land a big-name forward after a poor start to his reign, but instead he has turned to the managerless League Two outfit for their star discovery.

Bowery, a strong target man and scorer, has come good in recent months and has attracted interest from several leading sides. But Lambert has stepped in first.

Villa have tabled an offer of £600,000 up front and doubling up with extras for appearances and supremo Chris Turner is ready to let the 21-year-old talk to Lambert about the dream move.

Call in the reinforcements! Paul Lambert needs back-up after a slow start to the season

Clive Mason

Bowery has been a success despite the Spireites going down last season and boss John Sheridan losing his job a couple of games into this campaign.

The home-grown hit man would take the chance of playing in the Premier League even if the Villa fans will be astounded about the potential solution to their problems.

However Lambert is not afraid to look at the lower levels and Chesterfield's last target man of this type - Kevin Davies - went on to a top-flight career.

The other striker on Lambert's list is his namesake, Southampton forward Rickie.

The Mirror

More than willing to take on a punt for 600k but a League Two striker isnt exactly the experience we are crying out for. As long as we get another striker in too then I'm all for this, worried that we are only being linked to Early-Twenties players though...

Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Herd, Bannan, Delph, Stephens, Benteke, Weimann and Browery are alot of inexperienced players!

This is a medium term gamble and not a short term fix. I'd be amazed to see him anywhere near the starting XI for a few months at best, unless he really pulled up trees in training and reserves.

League two players... Are you shitting on my grave ?

Lowton is from league 2.

Yeahh but i assumed he was one of a kind ... :( Not get a few players from there and hope for the best. We dont have time for that as the table shows atm :/

Yeah you get the odd jimmy bullard that makes it from lower leagues but what are the chances in both of these becoming regular premier league starters. IMO This is a very bad idea.

And Liking it Gareth :lol:

Â