Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

I will never understand this signing.

As a low rate cheap back up to Benteke and squad filler, I could slightly understand last season, even if I don't rate him. But then signing Helenious, Kozak and Holt makes him now completely and utterly redundant at the club. Should have been sold in the summer.

Delfounoso could have taken that role. He's no worse than Bowery, and has experience of scoring in the top flight.

I think we've seen the last of Bowery . £500k wasted plus whatever wages he's accrued. One of the most nonsensical signings in the history of football.

Up there with Salifou. We don't half buy some utter shite

I feel like Lerner and Lambert owe me some serious wonga for that GIF, I've made him into a star. Imagine what he'd be without it. Nothing I tell you, nothing at all. Bet he got his loan move from that alone!

Somebody get me his agent's number.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Yep can't believe the club sign players for the future. Who seriously wants to see the club bring in young players, give them a taste of the big time and then loan them out, and see if they can improve. So weird.

Yeah let's sign any young player from lower leagues. We all want to see some 20 year old who will never make it play for us.

Its not like Bowery was even a stand out success in the lower leagues. It was a strange signing.

• Like 2

Yep can't believe the club sign players for the future. Who seriously wants to see the club bring in young players, give them a taste of the big time and then loan them out, and see if they can improve. So weird.

You do realise that, unlike the other players signed from the lower leagues, he did nothing in the lower leagues to indicate that he would be one for the future?

If Bowery is a sign of the future, we're ****.

He's a league 1 Emile Heskey.

You do realise that, unlike the other players signed from the lower leagues, he did nothing in the lower leagues to indicate that he would be one for the future?

At that age all he had to do was show some potential. I'm not going to pretend I ever saw him play for Chesterfield, but clearly our scouts and manager saw some potential and we took a punt. Doesn't look like working out but it's hardly a big deal. With signings like that if 1 in 10 work out, it's decent business. 

At that age all he had to do was show some potential. I'm not going to pretend I ever saw him play for Chesterfield, but clearly our scouts and manager saw some potential and we took a punt. Doesn't look like working out but it's hardly a big deal. With signings like that if 1 in 10 work out, it's decent business.

It is a big deal when you haven't much money to spend as every failure signing is a hit in valuable finances. It's only not a big deal if you have plenty of money available to replace the duds.

Because he's now playing for a premier league club, we'd get at least our money back on bowery. TBH the same goes for pretty much everyone lambert has signed too. Even the likes  of Tonev would bring in more than we paid for him purely because we're Aston Villa, and the game of football is bent as a 3 bob note

It is a big deal when you haven't much money to spend as every failure signing is a hit in valuable finances. It's only not a big deal if you have plenty of money available to replace the duds.

Then you can say the same about any "failed" signing (and Bowery has not failed yet, even if it looks likely), and no manager has a 100% success rate. With a small fee and low wages, Bowery is not going to take a large chunk of our budget. Every signing is a punt, some work and some don't. 

I must have missed him being given the number 9 shirt? Thought he was still 22? Would be a late bloomer but it's not unheard for a player to still come good at that age. As I said I think it's unlikely, but not going to write the lad off completely. 

Â