Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

It's just a stupid signing, when you've got better youngsters at U21 and U18 level why spend £500k on a complete no hoper from league 2 ? The development of others was sacrificed for Bowery

Name 4, then tell me why they've been held back by bowery. I'll even give you you a free pass to google the 4 players. However I'm looking forward to the indepth analysis that you have of those players and why they didn't make the first team because of Bowery.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it

Fonz

Carruthers

Burke

Drennan

And you can have a free pass to google them as you probably won't know of them

It's just a stupid signing, when you've got better youngsters at U21 and U18 level why spend £500k on a complete no hoper from league 2 ? The development of others was sacrificed for Bowery

Name 4, then tell me why they've been held back by bowery. I'll even give you you a free pass to google the 4 players. However I'm looking forward to the indepth analysis that you have of those players and why they didn't make the first team because of Bowery.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it

Fonz

Carruthers

Burke

Drennan

And you can have a free pass to google them as you probably won't know of them

Embarrassing reply. You really don't know what you're talking about, but keep slagging the club and it's young signings off anyway.

You actually typed the fonz. Muhahahahaha!

Fonz wasnt hindered by Bowery at all, nor the others as their all have been out on loan anyway

Point was they could have been tasting PL football instead of a chronic player extracted from the savannah of League 2 and parachuted into pole position. Not sure Burke has been on loan ?
We're not here to help players get better before they leave us, we're here for one thing: AVFC. Many have been aware for a long time that Delfouneso will not cut it at Prem level, so why put him on the bench to give him Prem game time before he leaves and forges a career in the Championship or lower? Surely it's better to take a chance on another youngster that could develop into a good player FOR VILLA?

It was always a pathetic signing but because he didn't cost much it was never really going to sting us.

This guy is never going to make it in the premier league, I'm not even sure he'd cut it in the championship. Based on that interview it would be for the best give him away so he can at least do the thing he loves on a regular basis.

Bowery will go into the category of 'utterly bizarre' premier league signings alongside luminaries such as Salifou, Michael Boulding and Najwan Ghrayib.

I agree with EA that he's hindered the development of others. Even by just having him on the bench he gets that experience of PL football which someone like Carruthers or Grealish could have had. 

I'm not really too fussed either way about Bowery as a signing though. I suppose he has played his part in certain games (West Ham/Stoke) with the effort he put in, however anyone with a similar fitness level could have done exactly the same. I'd be verrrrryyy surprised if he was here next year - and by 'here' I mean playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just training with the reserves as no one wanted him.

Carruthers doesn't play the same position?

I said "like" Carruthers or Grealish, meaning just one of our younger/academy players - Graham, Robinson, etc.

Also I was referring to being on the bench for the most part.

Carruthers doesn't play the same position?

I said "like" Carruthers or Grealish, meaning just one of our younger/academy players - Graham, Robinson, etc.

Also I was referring to being on the bench for the most part.

I wasn't responding to you, more the poster that specifically listed carruthers

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with EA that he's hindered the development of others. Even by just having him on the bench he gets that experience of PL football which someone like Carruthers or Grealish could have had. 

I'm not really too fussed either way about Bowery as a signing though. I suppose he has played his part in certain games (West Ham/Stoke) with the effort he put in, however anyone with a similar fitness level could have done exactly the same. I'd be verrrrryyy surprised if he was here next year - and by 'here' I mean playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just training with the reserves as no one wanted him.

Grealish and Carruthers will have developed more by being out on loan playing competitive football than they would have warming our bench. If having Bowery on the bench meant we had the squad to be able to send them on loan then he's helped, not hindered, their development. 

Grealish and Carruthers will have developed more by being out on loan playing competitive football than they would have warming our bench. If having Bowery on the bench meant we had the squad to be able to send them on loan then he's helped, not hindered, their development.
Was mainly referring to last year.

And also Carruthers and Grealish were just examples of players from our youth setup. Please tell me how Bowery has helped the development of the likes of Robinson, Burke, Johnson, etc.

Edited by myko

Bizarre argument, it isnt Jordans fault if our manager picks him over some of our youth players for a bench spot, could be thathe does more in training, or any number of reasons, I honestly have no idea and nor do any of the rest of you. The loan will do Bowery good he needs games at his age and I hope he does well, like many others I see no real future for him at this club though. Loans can improve certain aspects of a players game but he doesnt look like ever having the technique to be a prem player.

• Like 1

Â