Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

http://tinyurl.com/ll3kk7q- Read more, interesting article.

Charles N’Zogbia is staying behind for extra training at the request of Aston Villamanager Tim Sherwood in an attempt to shape up for the survival scrap.

Sherwood insists N’Zogbia’s critics are wrong to “rubbish” him and the new boss tipped the former Wigan winger to get even better as he gets fitter.

N’Zogbia has been welcomed back into the first team frame since Sherwood took charge and was in impressive form during the FA Cup win over West Bromwich Albion.

Sherwood revealed that he has asked N’Zogbia to get into prime condition and has been impressed with the response so far from the former Wigan winger.

“He’s done well,” he said.

“I spoke to Charles after the Newcastle game and I just said to him ‘I’ve got a long memory’. I know how good he was in the team at Wigan.

“I know what he possesses and I know how scared managers are when he’s playing.

"If he gets himself flying he can be anything he wants to be. I really mean that. He needs to keep getting himself fit.

Thought he was poor first half yesterday, but then so was the whole team so it would be harsh to single him out.

But second half he was fantastic. Made the first goal and his first time through ball for the Sinclair chance that was saved by Myhill was sublime.

More of that please Charlie

Very interesting from Sherwood, seems he's given every single player in the squad their own pep talk rather than just talking to the group.

He's onto the fitness thing as even under Lambert when CNZ had a decent spell of form in the second half of 12/13 season he often looked done by the 70th minute mark and was subbed.

Has continued this season although of course he's coming back from a bad injury this time.

Thought he was poor first half yesterday, but then so was the whole team so it would be harsh to single him out.

But second half he was fantastic. Made the first goal and his first time through ball for the Sinclair chance that was saved by Myhill was sublime.

More of that please Charlie

Yep, drifting in and out of games for this type of player is ok, drifiting off for years at a time has been his problem so far with us though!

• Like 1

My view on Charles is that he seems to have accepted he can no longer go past players with the power and pace that he used to. Whether that returns with an improvement in fitness I don't know my feeling is I doubt it, its and age and injuries thing.

For the most part of this season he has continued to try and go past players and has failed on virtually every attempt, hence him being generally poor and losing his place in the team even when Gabby and Weimann were barely any better.

However in the last couple of games he seems to be knowing his own limits a bit better, he still travels with the ball but only when he has the space to do so. When he doesnt he seems to be making good passing decisions and using the ball wisely which is a strange thing to say about Mr N'Zogbia but it is true.

Second half especially he showed very good game intelligence which I wasnt sure he had.

• Like 2

No surprise he is playing well. New contract needed!

Bit early for that yet. He has shown a little of what we expected of him when we signed him but he needs to do it consistently for a run of games before we start thinking about throwing more money at him, I think.

I think the club needs to refrain from new contracts for a bit unless the current deal is close to expiring. I know we have Sherwood now, but recently the whole "give him a new 5 year deal" has backfired with players becoming lazy and complacent. N'Zogbia has been good in the last month, but he needs to be good for a bit longer before we can start talking a new deal I think.

No surprise he is playing well. New contract needed!

Bit early for that yet. He has shown a little of what we expected of him when we signed him but he needs to do it consistently for a run of games before we start thinking about throwing more money at him, I think.

Think Omar means he needs a new deal so in turn he needs to knuckle down

Â