Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Sorry I meant that's why he is playing well.  He wants a new contract.

As crap as he's been, I've always been expecting him to improve when his contract runs down. His talent has never been in doubt, but motivation-wise he's a conundrum.

I get that he has been mostly crap, but I don't think he's had consistent runs in the team. Fan's on here berate him as they instantly expect him to be scoring or assisting goals every match and if he doesn't he's 'not good enough'

Now he may not have deserved a run in the team, he may lack motivation, or not produce in training, but it has always frustrated me under Lambert in particular that even when Zog has been doing ok or no worse than anyone else he was always the first player dropped if we played badly, like dropping him and being more defensive or direct ever made a difference.

He needed a good kick up the arse and he also needed someone who believed in him, as lets face it injury or no injury Lambert wanted him added to the bomb squad.

the 'only playing well for a new contract' argument I don't subscribe to, as all premier league players get rewarded with failure. Now matter how crap he is or has been, If he left us he's still get a bumper deal at a newly promoted club, or a championship club looking for promotion, or abroad.

As crap as he's been, I've always been expecting him to improve when his contract runs down. His talent has never been in doubt, but motivation-wise he's a conundrum.

BLAZINGROACHES

I get that he has been mostly crap, but I don't think he's had consistent runs in the team. Fan's on here berate him as they instantly expect him to be scoring or assisting goals every match and if he doesn't he's 'not good enough'

Now he may not have deserved a run in the team, he may lack motivation, or not produce in training, but it has always frustrated me under Lambert in particular that even when Zog has been doing ok or no worse than anyone else he was always the first player dropped if we played badly, like dropping him and being more defensive or direct ever made a difference.

He needed a good kick up the arse and he also needed someone who believed in him, as lets face it injury or no injury Lambert wanted him added to the bomb squad.

the 'only playing well for a new contract' argument I don't subscribe to, as all premier league players get rewarded with failure. Now matter how crap he is or has been, If he left us he's still get a bumper deal at a newly promoted club, or a championship club looking for promotion, or abroad.

He was indeed bomb-squadded, or he would still wear the number 10.

I think people are being harsh on Nzogbia. None of our attacking players have looked good this season untilmSherwood took over. NZogbia spent a year out injured then came back into a team struggling for creativity and a manager who didn't have an idea how to attack. We all know he has ability and hopefully he now has a manager who will let him attack. He's time at Villa so far has been spent with 2 of the most inept attacking managers ever. If he plays out of his skin and we stay and up and win the cup he can have a ten year contract for all I care.

• Like 2

what none of us are privvy to is the work that goes on at BMH....or doesn't go on, which ever the case is.

over the years I have had my doubts that it was a credible breeding ground for anything resembling success.

hoping for a change from a man that at least makes sense when he talks.

I've been in the "never want to see Zog in a Villa shirt again" camp. This hurts, I may have to re-evaluate. Transformed. 

Absolute snap.  For the wages, I'd probably still be "happy" to see him go but he was very good first half today.  He looks interested and hungry to play again - fair play.

I've noticed since he's come back in, he's a lot better at releasing the ball rather than running into trouble constantly... Hopefully this continues!

Â