Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

He was alright. Involved in some decent interplay in the first half, unsurprisingly burnt out quite quickly. Did enough to suggest that he may still have a part to play this season.

Interesting from sherwood regarding nzog.

Repaid the confidence put in him to start IMO.

What were the quotes?

I think CNZ could be a decent impact player off the bench if as now his head seems to be in the right place. I'd rather others to start ahead of him.

• Like 1

i didnt think he did a great deal. A few nice touches.. linked up well at times. Hopefully he can get better. Really not happy Gil has lost his place to this guy but i would have thought Gil would be perfect in the role that Nzogbia had today.

• Like 2

I wasn't impressed with his input today - especially second half where he was stationary/walking most of the time.

Most of our good play didn't come through N'Zogbia, it was Delph that was driving us forward.

Gil in the free role, please.

credit where credit's due he did well yesterday and was even tracking back

the worry is he only lasted for under an hour and then was subbed due to being knackered (i think)

I also want Gil back in the side and don't get why he isn't at least coming of the bench

I've never been his biggest fan, but he was a part of the team that battered West Brom for the first half yesterday, and you don't do that to a Pulis side unless everybody's pulling their weight.  He did fine, and Gil hasn't offered much yet in the league to be honest.

I've never been his biggest fan, but he was a part of the team that battered West Brom for the first half yesterday, and you don't do that to a Pulis side unless everybody's pulling their weight.  He did fine, and Gil hasn't offered much yet in the league to be honest.

I thought he was poor to be honest. West Brom were awful in the first half and not what you'd expect from a Pulis side. He just gives the ball away so much and has no end product whatsoever. He also doesn't really track back well or provide cover for the full back. All in all he's just not very good. 

Imho fair assessment from last night by HITC

Charles NZogbia - 5/10

He continues to struggle in a Villa shirt. NZogbia was virtually anonymous last night and looked ineffective throughout.
Edited by Majkee
  • Like 1

Lit up the game against Liverpool and had a cracking assist in the Chelsea game, hasn't offered much in the league you say? I'd say he offered more in those two appearances than most of our midfielders have offered all season. 

I thought he did well yesterday. 

In the first half whenever there was some decent link-up play with the ball on the ground he was involved. 

Looked to tire around the 50 minute mark, not match fit at all. 

Edited by PieFacE

Nzogbia will get slated even if he does put a decent shift in, didnt do anything wrong and was part of a winning team. There is still more to come from him but he wasn't bad and is being unfairly criticised IMO

Â