Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Such a strange reaction to him. Half loved his performance, half hated it.

I wasn't impressed. I didn't think he did anything in the first half and was wishing Gil was playing instead of him.

He did a couple of better runs 2nd half but was then substituted. I vote back to the bench for Saturday (Grealish or Gil .... please!)

• Like 2

didnt do anything wrong and was part of a winning team.

What does that have to do with his performance? You can play badly and still be part of a winning team. It's always the same with football fans, if their team wins then everyone gets marked out of 11 instead of 10 and if they lose then it's out of 9 instead of 10. You have to try to be objective when you are analysing a players performance which I know is hard to do, especially if you support the team in question.

The half that loved it would have slated him if we had lost the game.

Edited by villa89

What does that have to do with his performance? You can play badly and still be part of a winning team. It's always the same with football fans, if their team wins then everyone gets marked out of 11 instead of 10 and if they lose then it's out of 9 instead of 10. You have to try to be objective when you are analysing a players performance which I know is hard to do, especially if you support the team in question.

He didn't play badly

He didn't play badly

No he didn't. He passed the ball when he should, didn't lose the ball, linked up well with the strikers. I think some people on here just want him to play badly so they fail to recognize a decent performance.

A new manager has arrived now, give all the players a chance ffs

Edited by villalad21

As I'm in oz at the moment I haven't seen a game in months so can't comment on performance. But, in Lamberts first season, when we went on that run at the later end of the season, Nzog (and sylla) brought the best out of Benteke. Whether this is down to ability or both French speaking who knows. Perhaps TS sees this in training and therefore is playing Nzog to get Benteke playing to his best ability, as that is the best way to get us safe.

• Like 1

No he didn't. He passed the ball when he should, didn't lose the ball, linked up well with the strikers. I think some people on here just want him to play badly so they fail to recognize a decent performance.

How many chances do they need? He's been here through the last 3 manager changes and I'm yet to see him deliver on his price tag.

He didn't play badly

. . . says the guy offering to sacrifice Weimann in another thread. 

• Like 1

He didn't play badly

. . . says the guy offering to sacrifice Weimann in another thread. 

Are you joking me? Even after Sherwood's arrival Weimann's performances has been shocking, Zog have showed potential.

He didn't play badly

Nzogbia has been cacak since he has been here and I was suprised he started against West Brom, however I didn't slate him before kick off like a lot of people did and like you I thought his contribution was fine, he did fade but thats just match fitness. I think he did enough to warrant playing again to be honest

Can we start actually support him now? Clearly has the ability

He has the quality and technical ability, he dosnt have to try as hard to be good like some of the others do. He was menacing today, teams still know the player he can be and with another good performance again today he is starting to win the fans back. 

Obviously putting it in on the training ground aswell or he wouldnt be playing. Welcome back Charles its been a while but very pleased to see you. 

Â