Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

First it was 2 months and now it is half a season ;)

I think the reality is he had some good times at Newcastle, he was the players' player of the year and supporters player of the season for Wigan in 09-10 and then played a crucial role in a number of matches the following season which led to us buying him.

His time at Villa has been far more miss than hit - like a number of our forward players under Lambert he failed to deliver consistently.

Overall across his career he has, without doubt, done better than just 2 good months!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Can't be arsed to look back through the pages. Even though he's not great, I feel more confident/comfortable with him on the pitch over the others. Erratic he may be but he's got something in his locker at least. Plays every game for me

• Like 1

First it was 2 months and now it is half a season ;)

I think the reality is he had some good times at Newcastle, he was the players' player of the year and supporters player of the season for Wigan in 09-10 and then played a crucial role in a number of matches the following season which led to us buying him.

His time at Villa has been far more more miss than hit - like a number of our forward players under Lambert he failed to deliver consistently.

Overall across his career he has, without doubt, done better than just 2 good months!

He was in and out of the team at Newcastle. Sometimes not even in the squad. He wasn't good.

The awards at Wigan was as a result of the short period I was talking about.

He's never been good for us. Never. And the suggestion that its as a result of Lamberts mismanagement is bollocks.

He's not very good, simple as that. And he never has been apart from a short stint at Wigan. If he'd gotten anywhere near that for us he might find himself in the team more often.

In relation to Newcastle - he had good times there and bad times there. You've failed to factor in the good ones.

The award at Wigan was for the entire season - not the "short" period you were most likely talking about which was the season after.

He has also been good for us - not consistently but he has had some good games. Clearly not as many as we would all like! 

I honestly don't remember that. But if its true it still supports the fact that it wasn't Lambert's mismanagement that made him crap which some people seem to be trying to pin on him

I honestly don't remember that. But if its true it still supports the fact that it wasn't Lambert's mismanagement that made him crap which some people seem to be trying to pin on him

Hmmm.

Not completely no. But I too think he's a better player than he showed. He also deserves a clean slate.

I'd start him over gabby or weimman right now.

Weimann should warm the bench for a long while after that attempted shot from 30 yards. One the of the most misguided goal scoring attempts I've seen in a long while.

Even CNZ's constant controlling of the ball with his nutsack would be more beneficial than that.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I thought he was good tonight

Measured experienced performance didn't give the ball away in tight areas and wasn't shirked off the ball by some of the more physical players baggies have

Â