Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Best off without, hopefully the contract offer has been withdrawn too. Would rather try out someone else.

As for Southampton being interested, were they not watching last season when they embarrassed every player on our team?

I never disliked the bloke as a player, steady 6.8/10 all in, but his view of himself as player far exceeds my own, he's a bottom half premiership player, he's either genuinely taking time out (if so, respect) or he's punching way above his weight with his next team

6.8 out of ten?  Bit vague that? :)

I'd be curious to see how you'd rate the other Villa players?  Maybe a third digit, you know, pull your finger out a little...

• Like 1

Some great games, some shite games.

Clarke can hopefully start next season well, because at times we really struggled without his calming presence, even when he wasn't in much form.

Cheers Ron.

He's going to Lazio??

On my lunch break I was talking to my colleague (Man Utd follower) and said I was surprised LVG didn't go for him considering he's on a free. 

We agreed, and then I said "Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see him going to Serie A for a team like Lazio.."

I'm so cool.

• Like 1

Can't help but be a bit disappointed he's moving on. The guy could have been a Villa legend if he'd stuck around a few more years, been injured a lot less and been a much better player.

• Like 3

Good luck to the guy, best defender at the club by a distance. Did a job for the club and had his worst games when played out of position, time now for the young pretenders to step up but unfortunately they all look injury prone.

It would be quite funny if Vlaar signed a new contract after everyone has slated him and the blessed St Delph has left after claiming he loved  the club. Football moves in very strange ways, I wouldn't rule it out.

I would.

Â