Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Has he left yet? Or are we expecting him to turn up on Monday for training?

Haven't heard anything regarding us letting him leave

He wouldn't be allowed at Bodymoor Heath as he's no longer an employee of the club!

If he thought playing with Baker or Luna was not good for him wait until he is forced to play with John O'Shea and Patrick Van Aanholt

He be trying to take more than Christmas off ;)

• Like 1

He wouldn't be allowed at Bodymoor Heath as he's no longer an employee of the club!

I am 100% sure that he would get through the gates at BH.

It could be that he has had no offers from bigger clubs than us (only offers from the likes of Liverpool). Given that he might yet spend another season with us (I doubt the contract he was offered by us expired on 1/7) and if he turns up wanting to play for us next season I do not think Tim would have a problem with that. .  .   

I am 100% sure that he would get through the gates at BH.

It could be that he has had no offers from bigger clubs than us (only offers from the likes of Liverpool). Given that he might yet spend another season with us (I doubt the contract he was offered by us expired on 1/7) and if he turns up wanting to play for us next season I do not think Tim would have a problem with that. .  .   

If that was the case I certainly wouldn't want him back. You'd have to question his commitment, refusing our contract waiting for 'better offers' then only signing because he had no other option.

Edited by Supervillan78

It's going to be a lot cheaper for us to keep Vlaar than to have to sign a replacement so on that basis he should stay. I would start with Clark and Okore as our first choice pairing though - that was our strongest look at the back last term.

It's going to be a lot cheaper for us to keep Vlaar than to have to sign a replacement so on that basis he should stay. I would start with Clark and Okore as our first choice pairing though - that was our strongest look at the back last term.

Richards?

Richards?

I assume Richards will play RB. I'm not sure he's necessarily a better centre half than Okore, and he doesn't have the understanding with Clark either. 

Richards?

I assume Richards will play RB. I'm not sure he's necessarily a better centre half than Okore, and he doesn't have the understanding with Clark either. 

Sorry, should have been clearer. I meant that I think we may have already replaced Vlaar with Richards.

in a strange way Vlaar best chance of a move to a big club is to wait until the transfer window is over as if an injury happens early on to a top defender he be a free agent with international experience and he be perfect for them

bit risky on his part though

Sod him. He doesn't want to be at the club any more, he can go to a "bigger" team if he wants.

Sod him. He doesn't want to be at the club any more, he can go to a "bigger" team if he wants.

Oh dear, posted twice.

I certainly wouldn't want him back. You'd have to question his commitment, refusing our contract waiting for 'better offers' then only signing because he had no other option.

Thing is, we as fans, never know the whole picture. What if he was offered less wages and only a 1 year deal - with a clause saying he'd only get 25% if he's injured?

Would be a bit harsh to presume then that hes not committed and chasing more money.

Maybe he wants a 3 year contract, maybe he wants equal pay to what hes been earning last few years and feels he can get that elsewhere.

Let's just wait and see before presuming the worst.

Â