Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

either way, he didn't become the player we was made out to believe, lied to again.

at 30 years old, injury prone and error prone, he certainly is not on the list of great defenders to grace villa park.

i hope the contract offer has been torn up with the door firmly slammed shut behind him.

footballers need to learn that villa isn't a back up option, and villa need to stop acting like one.

either way, he didn't become the player we was made out to believe, lied to again.

What player were we "made out to believe"?

He cost £3m. Less than Hutton, Bacuna and Lowton and about the same as Bennett (bit more maybe?)

Less than Bacuna? 

According to Groningen we paid 1m euros, or around £750,000 by the exchange rate at the time. 

What player were we "made out to believe"?

He cost £3m. Less than Hutton, Bacuna and Lowton and about the same as Bennett (bit more maybe?)

Less than Bacuna? 

According to Groningen we paid 1m euros, or around £750,000 by the exchange rate at the time. 

I had it in my head as £3.5

Happy to be proved wrong.

Doesn't really change my point.

Pa hahaha. What a waste of time this bloke is.

Your class is shining through as usual :thumb:

Can I just ask how this shows a lack of class? Not that Im too fussed about a forum judging me. All I'm saying is that I've found it quite funny he is once again injured (mainly because so many believed for so long he wasn't injury prone - but that's another story) and that he's a waste of time, which to a football team in need of consistency, is.

I'm not hurling abuse at a player because I was daft enough to believe he wouldn't leave for a better team. Can't say I noticed you going through the delph thread highlighting everybody's lack of class. Certainly weren't singling people out like you have here. You'd still be trawling through it if you had.

Can I just ask how this shows a lack of class? Not that Im too fussed about a forum judging me. All I'm saying is that I've found it quite funny he is once again injured (mainly because so many believed for so long he wasn't injury prone - but that's another story) and that he's a waste of time, which to a football team in need of consistency, is.

I'm not hurling abuse at a player because I was daft enough to believe he wouldn't leave for a better team. Can't say I noticed you going through the delph thread highlighting everybody's lack of class. Certainly weren't singling people out like you have here. You'd still be trawling through it if you had.

Delph acted like a dick.

Vlaar's done nothing wrong. He's picked up a potentially, at his age, career limiting injury.

Laughing at him and calling him a waste of time didn't come across as a particularly classy thing to do.

• Like 1

Delph acted like a dick.

Vlaar's done nothing wrong. He's picked up a potentially, at his age, career limiting injury.

Laughing at him and calling him a waste of time didn't come across as a particularly classy thing to do.

Bar changing his mind and actually getting an offer from a better club, Delph hasn't done things much differently to vlaar who I think said some things that weren't particularly kind to villa, can't remember on that btw?

Delph differences to vlaar certainly aren't proportional to the massive difference between my so called 'lack of class' and those referring to Delph as pretty much anything under the sun.

Just find it strange that you highlight me here. Massive lack of consistency in your point.

Even though he was abit of a prat for what he said I feel for vlaar seems like a genuine nice bloke. Wouldn't be opposed to villa offer him a one year deal I'd it helps him out

Bet he is kicking himself rejecting our deal now

Helps him out? Madness. The guy has robbed a 35/40k a week living from us and barely played. Waste of time. A player I genuinely won't miss one bit. Could not be arsed with one more week of him not being fit.

robbed? the club paid him the money, they didnt have to give him the contract
I think you pretty much know that the use of the word 'robbed' isn't to suggest he used violence against the club to obtain his wages.

Means he was barely worth it.

We would have went down without him.

Delph acted like a dick.

Bar changing his mind and actually getting an offer from a better club, Delph hasn't done things much differently to vlaar who I think said some things that weren't particularly kind to villa, can't remember on that btw?

Delph differences to vlaar certainly aren't proportional to the massive difference between my so called 'lack of class' and those referring to Delph as pretty much anything under the sun.

Just find it strange that you highlight me here. Massive lack of consistency in your point.

I don't really know why you're bringing Delph up. The difference is obvious, he lied and Ron didn't. If you're so offended by some of the posts about Delph then you should report them or take it up with the people who made them rather than moan to me about them.

Delph acted like a dick.

I don't really know why you're bringing Delph up. The difference is obvious, he lied and Ron didn't. If you're so offended by some of the posts about Delph then you should report them or take it up with the people who made them rather than moan to me about them.

Haha. I couldn't give a monkeys about what people say about delph and at no point do I imply that.

Im just wondering why you have highlighted my lack of class (in your opinion) here and not the hundreds of posts regarding delph - that's why I'm bringing him up - as an example.

And to say it's because delph acted like a dick is a bit of a weak argument and ironically, lacks a bit of class too.

Even though he was abit of a prat for what he said I feel for vlaar seems like a genuine nice bloke. Wouldn't be opposed to villa offer him a one year deal I'd it helps him out

Bet he is kicking himself rejecting our deal now

Helps him out? Madness. The guy has robbed a 35/40k a week living from us and barely played. Waste of time. A player I genuinely won't miss one bit. Could not be arsed with one more week of him not being fit.

robbed? the club paid him the money, they didnt have to give him the contract
I think you pretty much know that the use of the word 'robbed' isn't to suggest he used violence against the club to obtain his wages.

Means he was barely worth it.

We would have went down without him.

And had he been fit and played for us like he did for Holland then we would have not been in the relegation fights.

So he spend most of his career middling about in the dutch league and fighting relegation battles, and at 30 he wanted to secure a good future for his family and enjoy the final few years of his career.

**** him amirite?

No doubt he has earned a good living from the game but can anyone blame him for trying to secure the best possible deal at this point in his life?

He also cost £3m, he played his part on the pitch and I have no doubt, in the dressing room, in keeping us up the first two seasons. Funny how people forget that. Whether he will go down as one of our best defenders is irrelevant. He was worth every **** penny.

Â