Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Mayby he tripped over that step up.

In all seriousness, the guy has absolutely no luck and if we helped him get fit again and gave him a pay as you play deal then fair enough

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Wouldn't shock me if we offer him a short term deal at xmas. Sherwood obviously rates him and I'd assume he'd be allowed to use our facilities as rehab if he asks.

Plus let's see what state we're in ourselves after four months of Richards at centre half....

I think we may let him use the facilities ay BH,

Might end up giving him a contract till the end of the season if its right for both, especially if he wants to go to the euros.

I hate to say it folks but given the last 2 seasons going to Southampton is a step up. In the long term that might not be the case but Vlaar hasn't got the time to find out. Reminds me slightly of Southgate moving to Boro this.

I don't think there are many people who wouldn't see Southampton as a step up currently, so I don't know who you're addressing as 'folks'?

The point I made was that with this new injury, recovery time, his age and a decline in fitness that will come with those things, WILL he actually get a move that is seen as a 'step up' from us? Or will he end up at a Dutch club? Or maybe one of the newly promoted sides, if they're desperate for something (anything!) to help them avoid the drop? Or will he end up at a highly paid 'retirement' club, in the MLS or Qatar?

He was obviously playing while in a lot of pain at the end of last season, I thank him for that and respect him but wouldn't want him being offered a contract at this stage as his injuries could end his career the way it's looking.

Sad for him

Never really understood why so many Villa fans don't seem to like him.

Always been a model pro so I wish him the best.

It's like some fans believe he gets injured on purpose.

• Like 1

I'd still give him a 2 year deal.

That would have been awful.

I still would. Give him a 2 year deal on a bit lower wages now that we know he is injured. Even if Vlaar is only able to put in 10 matches this whole season, I think it would be worth it. We gave Richards a 4 year deal and he is more injury prone then Vlaar. 

• Like 1

I think we should at least try and help him to get fit if no club comes in for him, it would be the decent thing to do. The club have probably offered him that already but we dont know

Power's not in his hands really now if you think about it....he'll need somewhere properly to get fit over the next few months. He obviously still lives 10 minutes away from Bodymoor so I imagine he'll come in and use our facilities so I reckon we'll give him a short term deal at some point this season.

That's the risk players take running down their contract. Not that he's short of a bob, but I guess it must be a big blow. Might end up retiring.

He might get a better pay out if injury forces him to hang the boots up.

I'd still give him a 2 year deal.

That would have been awful.

I still would. Give him a 2 year deal on a bit lower wages now that we know he is injured. Even if Vlaar is only able to put in 10 matches this whole season, I think it would be worth it. We gave Richards a 4 year deal and he is more injury prone then Vlaar. 

Is he? I'll be surprised if Richards is injured as much as Vlaar was for us.  I think Vlaar is done, he's been pretty average overall for us, i'd much rather give baker, clark, okore and richards time on the pitch than see Vlaar back out there. 

Â