The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

18 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Really sad news about JD. I can still remember the cup semi final at Highbury when he scored a couple against QPR. 

He got those two in the home leg at Villa Park Robbie09. He also got two in our famous 5-1 win against Liverpool in 1976 and played in all 3 League Cup Final games in 1977. Far too young at 64 to be suffering from this awful illness. :(

Aston Villa John Deehan 3  Pin on Aston Villa 1970's & 80's Footballers Good days and bad days' - Aston Villa hero battling dementia as family  release statement - Birmingham Live

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Beautiful finish what a season he is having. Wonder if a premier League side would take a punt.

How time flies, 30 years old , he’s had a good career his strike rate for Bristol is decent to.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye sad news indeed.

Remember watching him in that great side of the early 80s.

No doubt he will fight this latest battle with the same tenacity he showed as a player.

Good luck Gibbo

• Like 1

Just a note to say Gabby is a massive clearing in the woods. Talks utter garbage and pretends to be a Villa fan when all he did was sponge off us and not turn up for half his career. I hate that he’s associated with Villa. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just a note to say Gabby is a massive clearing in the woods. Talks utter garbage and pretends to be a Villa fan when all he did was sponge off us and not turn up for half his career. I hate that he’s associated with Villa. 

Wrong. He's a Villa legend. UTV! SOTC!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â