The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The guy who kicked off along with his dad when he wasn't first choice right back over Hutton, De Laet and eventually Elmo. Threw his toys out the pram and left for Leicester IIRC.

Seemed a bellend .

never knew about that, i didnt follow the youth teams much but that dosent seem very professonal at all!

I thought with Mitch Clark it was worded that he wasn't offered a new deal in the press releases and never heard anything about him kicking off. I thought it was very strange at the time that we deemed him not good enough to have a career with us and then he ended up at a Leicester team that were flying high and known for producing great full backs 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I thought with Mitch Clark it was worded that he wasn't offered a new deal in the press releases and never heard anything about him kicking off. I thought it was very strange at the time that we deemed him not good enough to have a career with us and then he ended up at a Leicester team that were flying high and known for producing great full backs 

He only signed for Leicester under 23s IIRC, not the main team. Played a bit for them and then went off to Port Vale.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 13:40, Mantis said:

A lot of our academy players have sort of faded into nothingness so it's good to see Bannan has gone on to have a decent Championship/League 1 career since leaving us.

Bannan still on £21k a week at Wednesday. Highest paid League 1 player. Good career can be had in the lower leagues. 

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, choffer said:

Another Champions League winners medal for Scott Carson. 

:ph34r:

He equalled the record of longest time between 1st and last winners medal

Not sure if he even played 3 games over both campaigns 😂

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Interesting article and good to see him making a sensible allegiance switch, but it's football he's playing, not cricket. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Interesting article and good to see him making a sensible allegiance switch, but it's football he's playing, not cricket. 

I read it as cricket 😂😂 

I blame the fact I was half asleep, sat outside having a morning smoke when I saw it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markc said:

Thomas Hitzlsperger on Hawksbee & Jacobs (talksport) this afternoon for anybody that's interested

He had some nice things to say about us and the direction we're going in. Excited for the future with an elite manager like Unai.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, blobbyrob said:

He had some nice things to say about us and the direction we're going in. Excited for the future with an elite manager like Unai.

Yeah, he's one of our ex-players who always appears to have a lot of warmth and affection for the club.

On 08/05/2023 at 09:33, Zatman said:

Glenn Whelan has retired at 38. Will become a coach at Bristol Rovers

A good pro, apart from a bizarre time at Hearts in which they hate him for some reason. At Stoke he is a cult hero. Did a good job for us, and basically got Bruce sacked. Though I wasn't happy at the time!

Â