The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Milner will be playing his 600th PL game this weekend. Probably getting on now but great pro and consistent too. Our midfield has probably been in shambles since.

He could still get in the England squad if he wanted. Great player. Was gutted when he left.

Saw a stat the other day that he has more Champions League assists than each of: Modric, Henry, Raul, Figo, Beckham, Deco & Ronaldinho.

• Like 2

Just been told of some programme about Jlloyd Samuel on ITV tonight. Given the channel it's on it's not going to be about his football career it's fair to say.

I remember a few years back his partner was claiming he was still alive and the crash was a hoax. Really hope it's not all about that.

On 03/11/2022 at 10:00, KentVillan said:

He could still get in the England squad if he wanted. Great player. Was gutted when he left.

Saw a stat the other day that he has more Champions League assists than each of: Modric, Henry, Raul, Figo, Beckham, Deco & Ronaldinho.

No he couldn't. He's been absolutely awful everytime he's played this season. It's not his fault. He's a great pro but he's absolutely on his last legs.

• Like 1

Did a search for Paul McGrath as i thought he would have his own thread but surprisingly not.

He's done an article in the Irish Independent

Aston Villa – the football club, the fans, the city of Birmingham and, the saintly Graham Taylor – saved my life.

If that sounds a little dramatic, it speaks of how my move from Villa steered me away from a darkness that threatened to consume me as things turned sour at Manchester United.

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan
added a picture of the man himself

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Did a search for Paul McGrath as i thought he would have his own thread but surprisingly not.

He's done an article in the Irish Independent

Aston Villa – the football club, the fans, the city of Birmingham and, the saintly Graham Taylor – saved my life.

If that sounds a little dramatic, it speaks of how my move from Villa steered me away from a darkness that threatened to consume me as things turned sour at Manchester United.

He does in the main forum 😉

On 09/11/2022 at 23:17, VillaChris said:

Sarkic played really well for Wolves tonight.

Probably one we should've give more of a chance to here but you lose track of who he was in competition with given all the keepers we had from August 2016.

We're going to do exactly the same thing with Sinisalo. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leandro Bacuna has seemingly signed for Watford at some point in the last month as just seen he is in the starting line up with Keinan in their match against Swansea tonight. Probably quite an astute signing on a free as he does have an eye for goal and can help them on set pieces, plus the play off spots are very competitive this year and he could make all the difference if they can get to the knock out stages and wembley or just to help create a bit of a gap between them and other teams. he is 31 years old now, time has flown by

Â