The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

8 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Charlotte FC is in North Carolina

Charlotte I know, but even Doms huge arms doesn't show up on a map :)

edit: or I could have checked his profile that states South :doh:

Edited by Tegis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 21:33, Zatman said:

They're both absolute wasters in the history of Villa. Bent lacking all kind of self awareness.

Lambert made me captain. Pushed me for my opinions. Saw me as a leader. Asked me questions and input. A general if you will.

Obviously. Obviously...you must have gave nothing back, didn't stick around after games and Lambert stopped taking an interest in me. Shocking. Probably that along with leaving training on the dot most likely and not being a figurehead.

I'm going to presume he tried empower him and got nothing in return.

Also Benteke did everything he did and more. Also Bent stopped scoring before he had a fatter arse than Michelle McManus at the time...and the achilles injury.

Bent unlike Gabby seems a decent guy but if he doesn't have reflection to realise that if Lambert saw him as his main guy and then didn't.....it was likely because you never gave anything back?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If they all bother to turn up... Gareth Barry, Lee Hendrie and now Chris Herd could be lining up for Comberton in the Worcestershire vets

Chris Herd. That's a random one. Never saw him coming back to Birmingham after all his escapades

On 08/04/2023 at 10:23, rodders0223 said:

Chris Herd. That's a random one. Never saw him coming back to Birmingham after all his escapades

Only 34 and has had about 12 different teams yet never played more games for any of them than he did for us

• 4 weeks later...

Playing FUT and I noticed that Barry Bannan has a 90 rated EFL team of the season card

Huh.

Edited by Caddy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Glenn Whelan has retired at 38. Will become a coach at Bristol Rovers

What? I thought he retired years ago 😂😂

Herd was actually okay for us in a really difficult period, certainly didnt seem like one of the problems in the team at the time. Saw Harvey Knibbs on the tv yday celebrating with the cambridge fans during the pitch invasion when they stayed up which was nice to see

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soon as that went in and I saw the bold head of Barry Bannan celebrating my first thought: to "other football"! Hope he gets them back to the championship. Always had a soft spot for Darren Moore too after how he was treated at West Brom 

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

Soon as that went in and I saw the bold head of Barry Bannan celebrating my first thought: to "other football"! 

Back when he played for us, somebody found a quote from Barry Bannan, that I used as my sig for a while. Sadly, I can't locate it now. But it was apparently from when he was a young lad playing for a youth team who were trailing badly at half time, and he said something along the lines of "I'm Barry Bannan, and this game's not over till I say it's over". It seemed very pertinent to last night's match. 

• Like 1

Former youth team player Mitch Clark has been released by Accrington Stanley after he was charged with betting offences. Played over 60 times for them in league 1 so got a decent bit of experience now, however i think they might re-sign him at some point when it becomes clear if he will face any sanctions or not. Someone will sign him up im sure

27 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Former youth team player Mitch Clark has been released by Accrington Stanley after he was charged with betting offences. Played over 60 times for them in league 1 so got a decent bit of experience now, however i think they might re-sign him at some point when it becomes clear if he will face any sanctions or not. Someone will sign him up im sure

The guy who kicked off along with his dad when he wasn't first choice right back over Hutton, De Laet and eventually Elmo. Threw his toys out the pram and left for Leicester IIRC.

Seemed a bellend .

Â