Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Was thinking at the weekend how his ball striking is probably the thing that lets him down more than anything else.

If you look at the likes of Kane, Austin, Ings etc they tend to get a good strike on the ball 9 times out of ten. Obviously it doesnt always go in but generally they are making the goalkeeper work.

Andi tends to scuff his shot 9 times out of 10 and the goalkeeper either has to just pick it up or go and get it from the crowd.

Was thinking at the weekend how his ball striking is probably the thing that lets him down more than anything else.

If you look at the likes of Kane, Austin, Ings etc they tend to get a good strike on the ball 9 times out of ten. Obviously it doesnt always go in but generally they are making the goalkeeper work.

Andi tends to scuff his shot 9 times out of 10 and the goalkeeper either has to just pick it up or go and get it from the crowd.

Wouldn't put Danny Ings in there to be honest.

Andi has regressed so much it is sad to see. Whether that is from Lambert, personal determination or playing in a terrible side at a key point in his development.

I think he needs to move on, for everyone concerned. A season in the Championship banging them in would be his best option in my opinion, just about whether he has the belief or desire to go down to come back up.

If not, he will be playing here and there for us or another struggling team and that isn't going to help him one bit.

He was such a decent finisher before too, it's such a shame how he's regressed. Maybe it's over-eagerness, or maybe just a complete lack of confidence in his finishing abilities. I used to be really excited by his prospect, but I won't lose hope. Many of our players have suffered great dips in form for whatever reason only to recover so I'm hoping Weimann can recover some of his potential.

Wouldn't put Danny Ings in there to be honest.

i cant tell if youre saying this because he miss one easy chance the other day or not. danny ings is obviously in there. Theres a reason why hes being linked to liverplop..because hes very good.

to those who was saying weimann was a decent finisher...im going to say it was all down to lolvariance and that hes awful at finishing (in the prem). said it before...he tries to put power on...it goes so far wide...he tries to place it...its weakest shot in the prem...will be very happy for him to leave

Edited by gharperr

• 3 weeks later...

I think he will move in the summer. Pretty sure he will only have one year left on his contract so we might try get some money for him rather than take the gamble of giving him a new contract.

Looks like Tactics Tim doesn't rate him at all...which isn't really a surprise given that he is shite. I could see him going to one of the promoted clubs.

With Sinclair and Cleverley out, Andi will likely start tomorrow. I hope he does well again.

I thought he was fit, he's certainly in the training pictures on the OS.

Just hope Wemann does not start, he has not impressed this season.

£3-4m would be fair value for everyone.

Everyone besides the people/club paying the money for him you mean?

would it? He would be a good signing for most teams down the league for that price like a Newcastle or a Sunderland for a start even QPR or another newly promoted side

I could see West Brom bidding for him actually, Pulis likes forwards who run around a lot so could get him doing a similar to Jon Walters.

He's had a kid recently with a local girl so he's settled in the area otherwise I would've expected him maybe to move abroad as weren't there Bundesliga clubs looking at him when he last signed a contract.

In any case I'd be very surprised if he's still here next season. Think it could just be case of Sinclair signing full time will be his replacement and I think for 2-3m that would be an excellent deal for us.

£3-4m would be fair value for everyone.

Everyone besides the people/club paying the money for him you mean?

would it? He would be a good signing for most teams down the league for that price like a Newcastle or a Sunderland for a start even QPR or another newly promoted side

He has been rubbish for ages, I really don't see what he could offer to any team in the PL apart from squad depth - but given his ability they might as well keep a player from their youth system.

Â