Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I don't think he misses sitters for what it is worth.

He spends the whole game running around that by the time he gets that ONE chance he isn't in the right frame to take it.

I just think that under a different manager and in a different side, this kid would have scored goals and would have kicked on. He was never going to be the best all round player but I thought he would be a 10 a season man at the very least.

He has produced some really tidy finishes in his time here.

Oh well.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Don't think he is Premier League Quality, works hard but is not enough of a threat, not really quick, not an instictive player, can't beat anyone, doesn't win any headers, not in Bents level in terms of finshing hard to see what he does well apart from work hard, well I can do that.  Could see him doing ok in the Championship something like Vydra.

I thought he'd miss out on the 18 today, it's been building up for the last few weeks with him just about making the bench but not being used.

Normally it's a breaking point for some players not to be involved in a major event like a cup final so I fully expect a transfer request or at least him to be on the blower to his agent in the coming days.

Not fussed if we get 3-4m for him. I'm imagine he's one of the players Sherwood was alluding to in this interview anyway.

I'd snap their hands off for 3-4m for him, not even close to being a premier league footballer, how he's conned a living for this long is a mystery to me

We have too many one dimensional terrible players draining resources

AVFC

I'd snap their hands off for 3-4m for him, not even close to being a premier league footballer, how he's conned a living for this long is a mystery to me

We have too many one dimensional terrible players draining resources

AVFC

He hasn't 'conned' anyone. Weird thing to say. 

• Like 1

If Weimann is forced out, then why is Gabby not as well? Weimann has scored 22 goals in 3 seasons. Gabby has scored 27 in 5 seasons. 

Gabby has a goals to game ratio of 18.6% over the last 5 seasons

Weimann has a goals to game ratio of 21.6% over his 3 seasons as a consistent professional

Weimann on paper provides more than Gabby, yet Weimann doesn't get the minutes Gabby does. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 1

If Weimann is forced out, then why is Gabby not as well? Weimann has scored 22 goals in 3 seasons. Gabby has scored 27 in 5 seasons. 

Weimann has a goals to game ratio of 21.6% over his 3 seasons as a consistent professional

Weimann on paper provides more than Gabby, yet Weimann doesn't get the minutes Gabby does. 

Gabby, for all his many faults, does offer more than Weimann though. He may not have the pace he used to, but he's strong and a nuisance and can cause a bit of panic as he stumbles at speed towards defences. He also does still have those games (about 3-4 times a season these days it seems) where he's just in the mood for it and can cause havoc.

Weimann, although his effort is commendable, just doesn't have that in his locker. He's scored some important goals for us and I wish him well, but it's no good for either party if he stays here as a bit-part player at this stage of his career.

Edited by rjenkins
  • Like 1

By scoring some important goals, for example at the end of last season, to keep us in the division?

• Like 1

I'd keep Andi above Gabby to be perfectly honest. Same kind of work rate, but a bit more footballing talent. Andi could be a decent player, Gabby will never be more than he is

• Like 1

I kind of feel the same way. Weimann is only 23, whereas Agbonlahor is 28. He is meant to be in the prime of his career, but Gabby seems to have peaked 5 years ago. Weimann can still improve as a footballer. He hasn't even played striker under Sherwood. Every time Weimann got minutes, it was late in a match and he was playing right mid. 

• Like 1

I think it's the right time for Weimann to move on - he's done ok to get himself a career in the Prem but has stagnated (albeit from playing out wide) in recent seasons.

He needs a fresh challenge as I don't see Sherwood utilising him from now on.

I think it's the right time for Weimann to move on - he's done ok to get himself a career in the Prem but has stagnated (albeit from playing out wide) in recent seasons.

He needs a fresh challenge as I don't see Sherwood utilising him from now on.

I mean isn't that the thing though? Weimann seems like a poacher and he is being played at right mid. It's like playing Bent out wide and then being surprised that he is struggling. I think it would be silly to sell Weimann. We won't get much, he isn't on much, and he is still young. Why not give him a run at striker, or at least the RF spot that N'zgobia was playing? 

• Like 1

Incidentally re Weimann as a striker, I've seen him miss or fluff enough one on ones to make up my mind that we can do a hell of a lot better than him.

He isn't good enough for where we want our club to be

Â