Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I think he'll go abroad, perhaps to a Bundesliga club.

I thought that too as I remember reading Schalke were interested after his good season two years back.

Think he'll want to stay local as I think his missus is from Solihull and they've just had a kid.

I can actually see him ending up at West Brom or Leicester. Pulis likes hard working low scoring forwards anyway.

I think Bundesliga would suit him and clubs would take him. Franco DI Santo has made a decent career in Germany and he is probably a lesser player than Weimann

Got 2.5 million would be a good return back since I think last year of contract

Why do we have so many terrible footballers who people are willing hold onto for sentimental reasons. He will be lucky to find a championship club who will pay a fee for him. League 1 standard

AVFC

I think Bundesliga would suit him and clubs would take him. Franco DI Santo has made a decent career in Germany and he is probably a lesser player than Weimann

Possibly one of the bottom or newly promoted teams, but i think the Championship is more his territory.

You need to be good on the ball in the Bundesliga, not sure Andi has what it takes.

A player like Christopher Samba was sold by Hertha Berlin as they thought he wasn't good enough with his feet to work for them.

Andi is still young but he needs to have the will to work on the things he's bad at or he'll end up spending his career in the Championship ( unless he's ready to lower his wage a lot to play in another league)

Possibly one of the bottom or newly promoted teams, but i think the Championship is more his territory.

You need to be good on the ball in the Bundesliga, not sure Andi has what it takes.

A player like Christopher Samba was sold by Hertha Berlin as they thought he wasn't good enough with his feet to work for them.

Andi is still young but he needs to have the will to work on the things he's bad at or he'll end up spending his career in the Championship ( unless he's ready to lower his wage a lot to play in another league)

I agree with this but I dont think he is bad on the ball just he has no composure and wants to play the game at 100 miles an hour. If he actually learned to calm down a little bit he could fit in Bundesliga

He could probably do a job for a team like Hamburg or Koln who had awful seasons in front of goal (though we are not one to boast ;) )

• Like 1

I've said before and I'll say it again. Love the guy but he isnt good enough. Doesnt score enough, doesnt create enough, misses loads of chances, ruins loads of attacks, doesnt have a position, doesnt do anything well.

I've said before and I'll say it again. Love the guy but he isnt good enough. Doesnt score enough, doesnt create enough, misses loads of chances, ruins loads of attacks, doesnt have a position, doesnt do anything well.

I think that's unfair.  He never got a proper chance under Lambert to play as an out-and-out striker, which is clearly what he is.

I think that's unfair.  He never got a proper chance under Lambert to play as an out-and-out striker, which is clearly what he is.

Agree. Give him a shot as the main man with decent service and he'll score goals. He was never going to set the world on fire stuck out on the RW. 

I think that's unfair. He never got a proper chance under Lambert to play as an out-and-out striker, which is clearly what he is.

Agree. Give him a shot as the main man with decent service and he'll score goals. He was never going to set the world on fire stuck out on the RW.

The major flaw I find in this argument is that, even when he plays outwide, he misses countless sitters. So him playing up top would just result in more chances and much more sitters being missed. The guy has zero technique.

He was comfortably good enough in 12/13, lots of very good games that season and a good goals ratio.

He just hasn't kick on since then really, certainly not technically and I really don't see how we'd fit into a Sherwood team. Just think of some of the lovely team goals we've scored in the last two months, great link up play between Grealish, Delph and Benteke. If Weimann was in that he'd be falling over the ball or kicking it our for a throw in.

The major flaw I find in this argument is that, even when he plays outwide, he misses countless sitters. So him playing up top would just result in more chances and much more sitters being missed. The guy has zero technique.

Countless sitters? Lambert's teams created less than McLeish's, he's hardly had many chances to score, especially when played out wide. I think he'd be a very decent striker if given the chance, but it seems Sherwood doesn't rate him. 

I agree (said so a couple of pages back), and his problem his he'll never get the chance here.

Not Lambert or Sherwood's fault. Why would you play Weimann when you've got Benteke? I think he needs to drop down a league to get a chance at a club who can afford to give him a run in that position.

I reckon Bournemouth might be interested if Andi is on the market.

Premier League experience, still relatively young, wouldn't command a massive wage. Maybe even a loan with view to buy or something.

Is that Weimann....or Gabby.

• Like 1

Countless sitters? Lambert's teams created less than McLeish's, he's hardly had many chances to score, especially when played out wide. I think he'd be a very decent striker if given the chance, but it seems Sherwood doesn't rate him.

If you actually watch us play and can't see how many clear cut chances he blazes over, passes straight at the keeper etc then I think we've been watching different games. Needs about 10 chances to score

Â