Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He's scored 15 league goals in almost ten time as many league appearences (112). That's nowhere near enough, even for playing in a wide position. Add that he offers hardly any other contribution, as he is technically very poor, he can't controll the ball, can't take players on 1 on 1, can't pass, can't cross - He is poor at all of these things (very poor at some). Yes, he puts a shift in - so what? Is that the only basic requirement to be a Premier League football player? I'm sure you can find loads of poor players who run around a lot in the lower leagues.

I suspect that if he hadn't been a product of our academy he would've been shipped out long ago. The love Lambert had for this mediocre player is something I never understood.

To be fair to Andi, he's not a wide player and his performances have suffered massively while playing there under the previous manager (as Gabby's did). I won't shed any tears if he goes but he is better than he shown in recent times. 

I think he will eventually get a new lease of life under Sherwood and I hope a few other fringe players get a chance also.

I don't.  I think he will either be off or play in league cup games next season.  He's just not good enough.

Needs a fresh start at a lower level and he'll probably be a regular scorer there.

You'd think a grafter like Weimann would play in a relegation threatened team, having watched him for a long time I am glad he's out and hopefully shipped off in the summer. No disrespect but he's not premiership standard.

He's done here, technically not good enough in the new passing game we're playing imo. Too many moves would break down with him.

That said he did make the bench ahead of Sinclair today which was an interesting one unless he picked up an injury in training.

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching the FA cup highlights yesterday and there was a tidy finish in there from Weimann on his weaker feet.

Shame he hasn't gotten a chance under Sherwood,I am not expecting him to become good suddenly but would have been nice to see if it was all Lambert's fault.

I'm not sure that Weimann isn't good enough for us. He played poorly like the rest of the team in the end under Lambert but he's still a useful player.

He's barely coming on even as sub nowadays. I think some of his early sub appearences like up at Newcastle when we needed a goal and he spent his cameo passing the ball out for goalkicks made Sherwood's mind up.

He's behind Gabby in the pecking order, Sinclair aswell plus any new striker we sign in the summer. As much as it is for Gil, the writing is on the wall for Weimann aswell.

I was watching the FA cup highlights yesterday and there was a tidy finish in there from Weimann on his weaker feet.

Shame he hasn't gotten a chance under Sherwood,I am not expecting him to become good suddenly but would have been nice to see if it was all Lambert's fault.

He did get a chance if I remember correctly. Ran around and worked hard, but got absolutely nothing done. I've lost my hope, which is a bit sad since I like him very much and he always puts a shift in.

• Like 2

I think he will eventually get a new lease of life under Sherwood and I hope a few other fringe players get a chance also.

I don't think he'll kick a ball for the Villa first team again.

• Like 1

Sadly he's got worse each season. i had high hopes for him two years ago but I think its time to move on. Best for both him and the club. Players like Jerome have done very well in the championship and thats where i think he'll end up next season. Maybe at Wolves

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Why do we have so many terrible footballers who people are willing hold onto for sentimental reasons. He will be lucky to find a championship club who will pay a fee for him. League 1 standard

AVFC

I think played as a proper centre forward he'd look much improved.

The problem he has here is he's not good enough to get a run in the team in that position.

If he can get a move to a team that will play him in that position (i.e. a team without much quality up front) then I think he may have a bit of a revival. I don't think it will ever happen for him here though.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Â