Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Has not progressed one bit technically as he still plays the game at 100mph with grenade like passes and his finishing I think is also much poorer than it was two seasons ago.

I believe he's only got 1 year left on his contract in the summer so I think we'll move him on especially with Kozak back in contention by then.

• Like 1

Agree with most recent comments.

I stuck by him all the way through the Lambert era but can't see any way back for him now.

The one saving grace is that he was played out of position and if given a run as a striker then maybe things would work for him. It won't happen at Villa but I hope he gets a chance at another PL side. Probably come back to haunt us at some point if he does.

• Like 1

people said same about Gabby a few weeks back ;)

like Gabby id like see Weimann given a go up front, obviously not now but when other lads drop in form

Exactly this.

He's been poor out wide but I think he'd be decent if given a run in the middle.

The problem is, I can't really see a scenario where that will be possible unless we have some injuries. He needs to earn a chance I think.

people said same about Gabby a few weeks back ;)

like Gabby id like see Weimann given a go up front, obviously not now but when other lads drop in form

Exactly this.

He's been poor out wide but I think he'd be decent if given a run in the middle.

The problem is, I can't really see a scenario where that will be possible unless we have some injuries. He needs to earn a chance I think.

Agreed totally.  We're in the position now where everybody in the team is playing well and there on merit.  It's up to the people on the bench to force their way in, whether that's Weimann, Westwood or Gil.  Nice to be able to pick a team on form rather than wondering who is in the least shit form.

He played really well for half a season season and got himself a new improved contract, Since then he has been crap. He is also regularly out and about on the piss, Sherwood will bin him at the end of the season, I don't think he is wanted and he isn't exactly a model proffesional. The fact he couldn't trap a bag of cement doesn't help his cause either

• Like 1

I dont't really see what his strenghts are apart from his work rate. He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he can't cross..

Corner kicks?  (I am joking, obviously.)

He's regressed in the last couple of years. I worry that all his attacking intent has been coached out of him due to being deployed as a defensive winger for the past two seasons. In Lambert's first season he was a good instinctive finisher and showed great link-up play with Benteke, but that's all but disappeared since. I feel there's still a good player in there but we haven't seen much of him for a while. I don't know why, but I like the kid and still want see him do well here.

I can criticise him for his effort today because he didn't even try and get into the game. Came on, obviously much fresher than everyone on the pitch and didn't close down Swansea's back four at all, just trotted about.

is it because he hasn't been playing he is unhappy?

Either way, he can **** off.

Grafter. Ability just not good enough, championship standard player imo.

Whoopee... A grafter... If I need someone to plaster my living room, I call a grafter... If I need my bathroom tiled, I call a grafter...

Weimann is a bag of shit making a mint at a profession he is clearly unqualified to do...

I can criticise him for his effort today because he didn't even try and get into the game. Came on, obviously much fresher than everyone on the pitch and didn't close down Swansea's back four at all, just trotted about.

is it because he hasn't been playing he is unhappy?

Either way, he can **** off.

Nah, that's bollocks.

He made a fantastic run toward the end of the game but Fabian Delph decided to try and score from 30 yards on his weaker foot instead of pass.

• Like 1

Â