Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Could see Leicester bidding for him, he's a similar player and I'd still say better than Vardy or Nugent who have been regular starters for them this season. Bottom 6 premier league, top 6 championship is his level.

he has gone off the boil here but 3 or 4 million for a player with nearly 100 Premier League games and who probably hasnt even hit his peak yet is a risk clubs will take

sometimes a change of scenery suits a player

Could see Leicester bidding for him, he's a similar player and I'd still say better than Vardy or Nugent who have been regular starters for them this season. Bottom 6 premier league, top 6 championship is his level.

Watch quite a few Leicester games because my my mates are all fans and can safely say Vardy is 10 times the player Weimann is. Nugent is probably only slightly better though.

sometimes a change of scenery suits a player

I don't think that will help Wiemann, he is an awful footballer, he can't control a ball, his passing is terrible and his finishing is very erratic and that's being kind. If you want a player that runs about like a headless chicken then Wiemann is your man.

• Like 1

I'd keep him around as a squad member and last choice striker. I'd put him up front ahead of Darren Bent and he does put in a shift when he's on the pitch. Weimann can be a useful player to bring on late on to close down space and make a nuisance of himself, and I certainly don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some here are suggesting - I've seen people claim he's the worst player they've ever seen play for the Villa which is just pure hyperbole IMO. That said, I guess it depends how much he's on after his new contract a few years ago, but our finances shouldn't be so much of a concern now.

Its like having old clothes that you never wear.....we have to make decisions and be ruthless.

We need to be turning players over and gradually get better quality

Of course, but we're talking about our 4th choice striker here. I'm not sure how much better quality we could get for that role. Weimann has been pathetic at times the last 2 seasons, but he has shown he can score goals at this level. Depends on what the manager and player want, it does seem Sherwood doesn't rate him so I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone, but I think as back-up to our back-up, Weimann is just fine. Where we need to be ruthless IMO is right back and left back, the amount of players we've collected in those positions is ridiculous.

Its like having old clothes that you never wear.....we have to make decisions and be ruthless.

Of course, but we're talking about our 4th choice striker here. I'm not sure how much better quality we could get for that role. Weimann has been pathetic at times the last 2 seasons, but he has shown he can score goals at this level. Depends on what the manager and player want, it does seem Sherwood doesn't rate him so I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone, but I think as back-up to our back-up, Weimann is just fine. Where we need to be ruthless IMO is right back and left back, the amount of players we've collected in those positions is ridiculous.

I guess the point was why don't we try and improve our number 2 favourite shirt, I mean striker, and rather than chuck the one we never wear away sell it to fund such a purchase?

I think Weimann was given a fair crack by Sherwood and unlike the previous incumbent he quickly realised he can't cut it. His time as a Villan is over IMO but I thank him for the memories.

Watch quite a few Leicester games because my my mates are all fans and can safely say Vardy is 10 times the player Weimann is. Nugent is probably only slightly better though.

I personally think Vardy's been living off that Man. United game all season when some were even laughably linking him with England call up. Vardy ain't 10 times the player, how many goals he scored.

Andi is done here, that's clear as I imagine kozak will take his place in the squad and Sinclair will probably be signed full time.

....Bottom 6 premier league, top 6 championship is his level.

So in theory, he should be our level then?

We won't be bottom 6 next season.

Our strikers next season: Sinclair....Kozak....Gabby....Benteke/new striker I'd imagine. Sinclair and Gabby will chip in with goals (Sinclair more as he'll take over penalty duties if Benteke leaves given his record at Swansea) Kozak has shown he can score in limited minutes and as long as Bacuna plays they'll be some good crosses coming in. Callum Robinson will also get a chance given Sherwood with youth although he might go on loan first.

No Weimann in that and he won't be missed.

Even as 4th choice I don't think he offers much, I'd rather give that spot to someone from our academy. 

Either sell him or send him out on loan to play as a striker with a decent team, he needs to get back playing in his natural position just to see if he can still cut it as a striker. Doesn't look good for him to have a future here considering how bad his touch and passing is but it will be interesting to see how he gets on playing up top.

if he does go then good luck to him, We wouldnt be in the Premier League if wasnt for his goal against Fulham a few years back and his brace vs Hull last season all but kept us up. Scored some important goals for us

Even as 4th choice I don't think he offers much, I'd rather give that spot to someone from our academy.

Technically he is from our academy ;) though I do agree it may be time for him to leave. Shame lambert played him out of position after only one season up top.

Him & Gabby will hinder us next year if played regularly.

Scored some vital goals for us in his time and comes across as a likeable lad but unfortunately I haven't seen the upturn in form many of his colleagues have had under the new management.

I think it is time for Weimann to move on

Â