The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

My wife has just gone into labour, so if Jack could wrap this thing up one way or the other in the next hour or so, it would be much appreciated!! 😂

So you could have a little Wood this morning

130635CD-397E-46AE-9AF2-92D518428936.jpeg

Good luck, exciting day for you and your family!

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Bang on. We are deliberately being as difficult as possible and demanding it all upfront at once--effectively making it feel more than £100m, if that makes sense?

Transfers these days are structured over a number of years, with multiple clauses based on appearances etc. rarely are they ever paid all upfront, let alone one at the value of £100m.

As I wrote last night, this is a possibility of the current hold up.

IF there is a gentleman’s agreement or even a contractual release clause, it may not have included payment detail. Villa are then within their rights to stick to 100% payment up front which in ‘real terms’ (inflation considered) is a higher amount than the more typical (not always) payment by instalments.

I’m still hoping that the delay is simply Jack’s agent obtaining the largest possible Villa contract for his client.

• Like 2

My thoughts are it's a good tactic from NSWE, Jack we'll accept an offer of 100m for you this summer, next summer or the summer after if you feel like you want to leave we won't force you to stay. So if you decide to give us this season and push to get Europe and we don't make it we will accept the same bid from City next summer as they've made this summer. So this isn't "your only opportunity to win things". As man agents say to their players, these big moves don't come around all the time.

So if the decision is with Jack, move to city this week is a permanent one. Staying with Villa for the season still means a move to City next summer is totally possible. I think this narrative means it's all in JAcks hands now and for the remainder of his Villa career. 

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I might just play safe and name him Emi!

Thanks for bringing some perspective to this madness. Good luck to your missus, hope all goes easily. 

• Like 1

Â