The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think most clubs pay large transfer fees over instalments, I doubt even the likes of City would give Villa the full £100 million in one day. That said people saying that Villa were spending Jack's fee on the likes of Bailey need to remember that Villa aren't exactly struggling financially and would have been able to afford him whether Jack stayed or went. 

Just now, mrchnry said:

Apologies if already mentioned but SSN are saying we're likely to accept the offer from Man City today. 

And obviously that won't send people to their betting platform to throw money on him leaving...

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We did similar with Benteke to Liverpool didn't we? They wanted to pay over 5 years or something and we wanted the full upfront to meet the clause?

I honestly can't remember that, but you may well be right.

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Apologies if already mentioned but SSN are saying we're likely to accept the offer from Man City today. 

Didn't they also say that Friday? In fact didn't they say the deal was done before the Euros started? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Just now, Troglodyte said:

And obviously that won't send people to their betting platform to throw money on him leaving...

Absolutely band on, they are a major culprit of every thing thats going to shite with this game. They need action from Jack today as the Kane is a bit quite this morning, scumbags.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This. The structure of the deal could take forever to settle on. For example, Man City may be trying to argue for FFP reasons they want to pay it out over 5 years and Villa are refusing to accept that.

Bang on. We are deliberately being as difficult as possible and demanding it all upfront at once--effectively making it feel more than £100m, if that makes sense?

Transfers these days are structured over a number of years, with multiple clauses based on appearances etc. rarely are they ever paid all upfront, let alone one at the value of £100m.

• Like 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

Thats been the story for 4 days. No one knows anything, and I think its undecided. But £100m seems to be the figure that we a) have a release clause, or b) gentlemans agrrement with Jack and his management. I think the personal terms are agreed with Man City so its whether Jack wants the move is what I think is being debated, or the details of the new deal to stay.

Personally I dont think Jack will leave. If he wanted Champions League he would have left by now. I think he wants or is prepared to stay and his team are screwing it for every penny.

Just now, mrchnry said:

If he isn't at training could he be at Villa Park or would it be BMH? I'm off today and could go get my new top printed as the club shop seem to have E's now. What's Jack's car? 

I think his reg is BLU3 M00N

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

then they havent strictly met the clause...

if we have no obligation to accept the terms and can reject the offer then the clause is useless

Do you think Villa did it intentionally, knowing it would be borderline impossible for a team to pay the release clause terms specifically how they want?

This is going to be the transfer saga that ends all transfer sagas's. I do feel the press are using this whole circus for clickbait, and the Agents are exploiting it, and may be even Villa are leaving City in the lurch because it demonstrates they have the power to do so?

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Meeting room to training 

As stated by Villa yesterday 

If he's actually in a meeting to discuss his contract this morning, then back in training this afternoon, this was absolutely genius.

• Like 1

Â