The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So I was thinking about how the club should handle this if he stays. He only signed a new 5 contract last season and an announcement was made which was great as secured his future. Surely any new contract should be just low key.

It can’t all about Jack signing new contracts every summer. 

Nah, we'll be shouting it from the rooftops.  Will be a massive PR coup.

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

That's how i feel as well. If you want a player enough to activate a release clause, you don't then spend over 4 days negotiating the way to pay it, especially when you know the player has also been offered a new contract.

Not even 4 days, the report on Friday was the bid came in a few days before so we must be up to about 6 days now.

• Like 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

I really can't make my mind up what I think will happen but SURELY the club wouldn't have him out training for 2 days in a row in front of fans if he was going. It would be so disappointing and only reflect badly on the club. 

think i've just accepted it simply means that the deal to city is not yet done. it also doesn't mean that he has signed a contract.

i think there's a chance that we are still negotiating a fee with city and that jack has told villa that if the fee is agreed then he will leave. we are continuing to let him train as the fee may well not get agreed and need him fit for the new season...not to mention they don't want to field question after question of "where's jack?" at this training camp

he might have also told them he is happy to stay but is waiting on the finer details of the new contract to be drawn up

i'm still 50/50

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Why do his legs look completely photoshopped from their usual tank like status in this? 😂

Edited by RichiBoi11

Just now, DCJonah said:

But at the same time, if he's staying, why wouldn't we announce it?

Global attention. There is almost round the clock coverage of Villa atm. If we've already tied this one up there would be no harm in stringing it out so that the Villa brand really gets out there.

We can quickly put ourselves on the world stage as the club who fought off a gulf state.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's obviously great that he's still with us and training, but the longer it goes without a new deal being signed, the more it looks like its just negotiations between the clubs to sort out.

villa won't mess about. they know we're going mad and as fun as it could be to string people along and announce it with a big fanfare, it's not good for people's mental health. once that contract is signed, few pictures, then announce i reckon.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Contracts are being drawn up at the moment. Suppose this one is more complicated and not scrawled on a beer mat

Can't jump the gun an announce it for obvious reasons, hence all the sneaky social media team posts etc

That's my guess.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose he’s a star so it’s expected. 

Add to the fact he will have turned down the mighty Man City to put his faith in the project.  Makes Villa look big too.

Â