The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Look at Jack's face!  I wonder what time they all got to bed last night.  Perhaps he was scrolling his VT thread?

P.S.  That's not a euphemism.

He looks like he got no sleep, probably just excited with the players we are buying.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Jack, Are you signing the new contract?

Yeah

great, get out training we do the photos later 

Brave tactic. I think I'd be locking the door behind me and handing him a pen: "Sign it now."

"But Christian--"

"Sign. It."

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Look at Jack's face!  I wonder what time they all got to bed last night.  Perhaps he was scrolling his VT thread?

Hopefully partying to good news 

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He looks so fed up!

Or just looks tired, he just looks tired.  Even though I think he’s definitely staying this whole period would be like an avalanche of emotion for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

i wonder if he was as nervous as we were to see the thread moved to 'other football' ?

"but i've already signed the contract FFS! Gaffer! They've moved me to other football! you aint selling me are you??"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So you guys are thinking there is actually a release clause? Did I miss something overnight that this is back on the table or are you guys just hypothetically debating?

nah do i ****

i dont buy in to the logic they bid enough to activate the release clause on friday but then spent 4 days negotiating the structure of the payments, not a chance

the more time transpires the bigger the hole in the clause argument gets 

• Like 2

I really can't make my mind up what I think will happen but SURELY the club wouldn't have him out training for 2 days in a row in front of fans if he was going. It would be so disappointing and only reflect badly on the club. 

So I was thinking about how the club should handle this if he stays. He only signed a new 5 contract last season and an announcement was made which was great as secured his future. Surely any new contract should be just low key.

It can’t all about Jack signing new contracts every summer. 

Just now, mrchnry said:

I really can't make my mind up what I think will happen but SURELY the club wouldn't have him out training for 2 days in a row in front of fans if he was going. It would be so disappointing and only reflect badly on the club. 

But at the same time, if he's staying, why wouldn't we announce it?

It's obviously great that he's still with us and training, but the longer it goes without a new deal being signed, the more it looks like its just negotiations between the clubs to sort out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

nah do i ****

i dont buy in to the logic they bid enough to activate the release clause on friday but then spent 4 days negotiating the structure of the payments, not a chance

That's how i feel as well. If you want a player enough to activate a release clause, you don't then spend over 4 days negotiating the way to pay it, especially when you know the player has also been offered a new contract.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nah do i ****

Thank god! I thought we’d mostly put the release clause to bed given the timeframe but then I was off the thread for a long 9 hours and it was being talked about when I came back on

Phew!

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But at the same time, if he's staying, why wouldn't we announce it?

It's obviously great that he's still with us and training, but the longer it goes without a new deal being signed, the more it looks like its just negotiations between the clubs to sort out.

This is true but why does the club need to confirm he is staying when they have never mentioned anything about his future?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â