The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Just a thought would Jack leave the club that he loves less than two weeks before the season starts? Every day that goes by is a day less that we are able to find replacements.. why couldn’t he sign for City yesterday if he was keen to go? The “offer” has been there since Friday?

because the fee is still being negotiated?  or Jack is still unsure whether to stay or go?  or his agent is still haggling over his man city salary? could be a multitude of reasons in either direction.

50 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Seeing the thread move and the meltdown after was funny 😂😂, I'm surprised they actually did it. Now which mod got the £20 😂😂

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Just a thought would Jack leave the club that he loves less than two weeks before the season starts? Every day that goes by is a day less that we are able to find replacements.. why couldn’t he sign for City yesterday if he was keen to go? The “offer” has been there since Friday?

You could put the argument that Villa are haggling over the fee but there has been no news official or even unofficially that we have even rejected the bid yet.

Just now, ender4 said:

because the fee is still being negotiated?  or Jack is still unsure whether to stay or go?  or his agent is still haggling over his man city salary? could be a multitude of reasons in either direction.

that's where the bullshit comes in, according to various reports its a buy out clause so nothing will be being negotiated, also seen more than a few suggesting personal terms are agreed

so what exactly is left other than Jack making the decision?

£100m bid on friday and still nothing today...it is a bit fishy, leans towards the bid being bollocks or being rejected

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's where the bullshit comes in, according to various reports its a buy out clause so nothing will be being negotiated, also seen more than a few suggesting personal terms are agreed

£100m bid on friday and still nothing today...it is a bit fishy, leans towards the bid being bollocks or being rejected

I really hope so

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's not strictly true. The structure of the payment can be negotiated--I'd imagine Villa are playing hard ball and insisting the full amount is paid upfront (good delay tactics to try to convince Jack in the meantime). All IMO, of course.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There has been more of this from the media this window then I can ever remember, it really has sunk to a new low.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

We did similar with Benteke to Liverpool didn't we? They wanted to pay over 5 years or something and we wanted the full upfront to meet the clause?

thats my understanding of it too

if its not paid upfront then they haven't met the terms of the clause

Has there been a transfer in history where a buyout clause has been triggered then day's of negotiations have taken place about the method of payment?

Normally the clause is triggered and the player agrees terms in the next couple of day.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That's not strictly true. The structure of the payment can be negotiated--I'd imagine Villa are playing hard ball and insisting the full amount is paid upfront (good delay tactics to try to convince Jack in the meantime). All IMO, of course.

This. The structure of the deal could take forever to settle on. For example, Man City may be trying to argue for FFP reasons they want to pay it out over 5 years and Villa are refusing to accept that.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

This. The structure of the deal could take forever to settle on. For example, Man City may be trying to argue for FFP reasons they want to pay it out over 5 years and Villa are refusing to accept that.

then they havent strictly met the clause...

if we have no obligation to accept the terms and can reject the offer then the clause is useless

I doubt we will get any confirmation as to whether he's going or staying today, will probably drag on all week and there will be ups and downs, there will probably be another point where everyone is convinced again that he's leaving.

Â