The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Euro mini stat attack (worth being reminded of, even if it's already been posted): Grealish finished second on England's assists list (behind Luke Shaw, who played 403 more minutes than Jack). Only three players across all teams achieved the same number of assists in fewer played minutes. (Jack ultimately racked up fewer playing minutes than Tyrone Mings.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

When we sign Messi that'll be another opportunity to rest Jack up more. The only question is which number will Leo wear?

No I haven't had my sanity pills and I like it.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Jack won't be signing a new deal this summer. He will probably play another season with us to see where we are going as a club before committing to anything.

If we manage to finish in the top 6, or reach Europe he will probably commit to us.

If we don't and finish 10th-11th he will probably be off next summer.

No ones listing anymore................................Italian fan. 

It won't be forgotten!!

So I come home from my Course where I find out Jack Grealish our captain is all of a sudden being called a bad guy for apparently throwing Gareth KnobGate under the bus for this so called penalty decision. I say good on you Jack, bout time someone spoke up against the internet prats and management of that Farce and there failings to get shit done right.

If our country spent less damn time accusing one n other, or behaving like prats, even just doing things the right way without making scapegoats of others, then players like Jack wouldn't feel they have to defend themselves. 

I just don't see any togetherness as a country after the Euros like many are suggesting there is. I see all sorts of problems rising again from the Days of Maggie Thatcher, to racism and Hooliganism making a comeback in public eye. Wembley showed how weak and fragile our system is and people know it. Have even seen reporters typing up there media rubbish and blaming stewards failing to stop a horde of fans breaking through the turnstiles,to put it bluntly it isn't the stewards fault it's the company's doing the plans for events, Simply put cost came before safety. We haven't learned any lessons since the Manchester bombing. Your not even allowed to put your hands on anyone if your a steward, you have to be part of an ejection team and to be part of that team you need an SIA licence which alot of stewards may not have.

I read a story about someones old pops being hurled to the floor and trampled on, sickening really.

Anyway I've gone of track abit but i think the internet does my head in when this circle of blame keeps going round n round as it has done against the players. Nobody above the players seem to be accepting responsibility strangely enough, no body is holding there head up are they and taking some of the heat off these players, it's really sad to see the weight of all this is being aimed at players..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I say good on you Jack, bout time someone spoke up against the internet prats

He was principally speaking up against Roy Keane and his comment about Grealish and Sterling showing no leadership cojones by not barging in ahead of Sancho and Saka in the shoot-out queue.

57 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So I come home from my Course where I find out Jack Grealish our captain is all of a sudden being called a bad guy for apparently throwing Gareth KnobGate under the bus for this so called penalty decision. I say good on you Jack, bout time someone spoke up against the internet prats and management of that Farce and there failings to get shit done right.

If our country spent less damn time accusing one n other, or behaving like prats, even just doing things the right way without making scapegoats of others, then players like Jack wouldn't feel they have to defend themselves. 

I just don't see any togetherness as a country after the Euros like many are suggesting there is. I see all sorts of problems rising again from the Days of Maggie Thatcher, to racism and Hooliganism making a comeback in public eye. Wembley showed how weak and fragile our system is and people know it. Have even seen reporters typing up there media rubbish and blaming stewards failing to stop a horde of fans breaking through the turnstiles,to put it bluntly it isn't the stewards fault it's the company's doing the plans for events, Simply put cost came before safety. We haven't learned any lessons since the Manchester bombing. Your not even allowed to put your hands on anyone if your a steward, you have to be part of an ejection team and to be part of that team you need an SIA licence which alot of stewards may not have.

I read a story about someones old pops being hurled to the floor and trampled on, sickening really.

Anyway I've gone of track abit but i think the internet does my head in when this circle of blame keeps going round n round as it has done against the players. Nobody above the players seem to be accepting responsibility strangely enough, no body is holding there head up are they and taking some of the heat off these players, it's really sad to see the weight of all this is being aimed at players..

I'm not sure he threw him under a bus. He categorically said that Southgate had got every decision right. He responded to the Roy Keane message

• Like 1

Fans have agendas shocker. People are apparently unhappy that Grealish spoke out and "threw Southgate under the bus" but are perfectly happy for Southgate to stay quiet and by doing so allow Grealish to go under the bus.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Fans have agendas shocker. People are apparently unhappy that Grealish spoke out and "threw Southgate under the bus" but are perfectly happy for Southgate to stay quiet and by doing so allow Grealish to go under the bus.

Because.....

Od GIF by MCDM

3 minutes ago, Straggler said:

People do have agendas. In this instance though no one has thrown anyone under a bus. Gate had already said on TV that he decided who would be taking the pens and the reasons why (based on the metrics from practicing them). Jack said he volunteered to take one and was due to take the next one. Absolutely all fine and respectful all round.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Jack won't be signing a new deal this summer. He will probably play another season with us to see where we are going as a club before committing to anything.

If we manage to finish in the top 6, or reach Europe he will probably commit to us.

If we don't and finish 10th-11th he will probably be off next summer.

I think that'd be sensible for him if he isn't determined to spend his entire career here regardless of silverware. But we don't know if he's determined to do that.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

People do have agendas. In this instance though no one has thrown anyone under a bus. Gate had already said on TV that he decided who would be taking the pens and the reasons why (based on the metrics from practicing them). Jack said he volunteered to take one and was due to take the next one. Absolutely all fine and respectful all round.

Agreed, I'm more upset at stupid fans being stupid. I'm a bit down about the behaviour of football fans over the last couple of days. 

• Like 3

Â