The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We moved up to Scotland almost 4 years ago. My wife has a lovely soft Highland accent. (Unless I’ve upset her in which case she magically switches to Glaswegian docker.) our daughter had just turned three when we moved up here and she’d just started to learn to count. One, two, three, four, foive. My wife’s face was priceless and with out saying a word you could tell she was thinking, we’re moving just in time! 

Our now almost seven year old still sometimes drops in the odd “foive” , in her lovely Highland Brummie accent. I’m sure she sometimes does it to wind up her Mom though. 😂

Give it a few years Dave and the Scottish accent will soon kick in.

You just reminded me, I was visiting a few friends down in Northants a few weeks back and they had family down from Scotland visiting, pretty hillarious. A conversation went along the lines of.. 

"Riight Maaw, am away inter toon wii ma pals, tell ma Daa' te pick me up, will ye' ..  and dunny worry ya'sell, am nor getting pished".

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Shit, we should have wrapped it up then, we've lost £11m off the fee since!

The £11m was in add ons related to England appearances. Now it seems Southgate is going to be in charge for Jack's prime football years, its clear they won't be reached, so being removed from the quoted fee. Of course...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Jim White and Co are just pawns for Agents and clubs trying to disturb a player. Anyone who gets paid off clicks or views in completely untrustworthy. 

Anyone who is English and not at a "top 6 club" now will be touted for clicks. 

I saw Declan Rice to Chelsea and Kalvin Phillips to united mentioned in the last 2 days.

All of it is utter nonsense.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Five:

Figh-eeeeve

and

School:

Skoo-ul 

are personal favourites

I'm just driving down the rawud. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if this has been posted but this article summarises my views fairly nicely.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/was-grealish-the-missing-piece/193122

Key point being :

Despite England being second best, his 'do not lose' philosophy was working similar to the Germany game, with the score level heading into the 70th minute.

The difference in the two games was the approach taken in the final 20 minutes. Against the Germans he went to win the game, making attacking substitutions, but against Italy he went the other way, not being brave enough to take the risk.

I'd say there is even more of an argument that Grealish should have started the final, but once that bad decision was made by Southgate, he then compounded it further.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hahahahahahahaha. Journalists talk such crap. 

I think Jack won't be signing a new deal this summer. He will probably play another season with us to see where we are going as a club before committing to anything.

If we manage to finish in the top 6, or reach Europe he will probably commit to us.

If we don't and finish 10th-11th he will probably be off next summer.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Jack won't be signing a new deal this summer. He will probably play another season with us to see where we are going as a club before committing to anything.

If we manage to finish in the top 6, or reach Europe he will probably commit to us.

If we don't and finish 10th-11th he will probably be off next summer.

That's very generous of him, especially when it'll mean he loses out on a couple of million quid at least?! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where did you read this?

I can imagine it's very true. 

The key word is "apparently"

Might as well say "Villatalk sources understand" 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â