The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He goes on to say that he's back at the training ground later and will update their forum as to whether or not Jack's name has been painted over. 

That user joined just before Gareth Barry went to the mancs. 

22 minutes ago, WHY said:

I will never forgive Southgate for the way he treated Grealish in this tournament. Not because he’s one of our own but the fact he could have helped us win the tournament. These chances don’t come along this often and to continually over look him in favour of Mount was a disgrace imo. I left Wembley Sunday evening gutted. Not felt like this after a game of football since the FA Cup final against Arsenal. I’ve spoke to loads of fans from all over the country in the last few weeks attending games and virtually everyone of them said that Grealish should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Must admit a lot of our own fans have annoyed me with their defence of Southgate, at the end of the day he failed. He achieved nothing in my eyes with the draw we had, getting to the final was the bare minimum. Imagine struggling to beat Denmark at home without their best player. Then only having one shot on target in 120 minutes of a home final. The bloke got found out when it mattered!!

I have given credit to Southgate for getting us to the final despite his negative style but to throw it away in that manner is hard to take. To sit there in the second half and effectively do nothing to improve the situation was shocking. He didn't have the balls to remove any of his favourite forward players, Mount the obvious one but Kane was doing naff all and he was the captain! Get Sancho and Jack on and tell the rest of the team to wake the feck up get the ball to them at all costs. We just stopped playing football in the final of the Euros. Tragic! 

• Thanks 1

I saw a statistic for amount of carries into the box, Grealish was only one or two behind players who played all seven games.

Grealish played 176 minutes, barely two games.

Absolutely criminal how underused he was, I'm adamant England would have won if Grealish was given a second-half.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

How badly Southgate misused Grealish, especially in the final, is going to be like season 8 of game of thrones for me I think. Every few months I'll be doing something completely unrelated and just happen to remember it and it will piss me off all over again.

Oh definitely, the final was like the Red Wedding too. It was going quite well until Gareth Frey ruined it by declaring his allegiance to House Mount and killing off any chance of Jack becoming King of the Eurolands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i love the suggestion that he'll bottle a move to city and prefer to stick with us because he cant handle the pressure of playing for them 

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

City called Kaka a bottler before for a similar reason when they were still managed by Hughes :D 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“Delph” is actually trending on twitter 😆 

A mix of City fans clutching at straws as to why they can still get him and Villa fans making reference to 6/7 years ago.

Jack was there then, in the very same photoshoot, and saw first hand the knock on effect of what that transfer window did to the club he loves. I doubt he’d instigate it all happening again. I was wondering if he’d be part of the sales drive and promo material. Glad he is. Confirms all our suspicions that he was never going this window. Got a great season to look ahead to now and more signings to see come through that famous door. UTV 😎

being in the EUROs squad is an easy reason not to include him in kit launch promotional photos & videos. even if the photos were taken in may, it would be a massive faux pas by the club to plaster him all over the social media channels if there was a very real possibility of him leaving this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdman said:

I have given credit to Southgate for getting us to the final despite his negative style but to throw it away in that manner is hard to take. To sit there in the second half and effectively do nothing to improve the situation was shocking. He didn't have the balls to remove any of his favourite forward players, Mount the obvious one but Kane was doing naff all and he was the captain! Get Sancho and Jack on and tell the rest of the team to wake the feck up get the ball to them at all costs. We just stopped playing football in the final of the Euros. Tragic! 

It is so utterly bizarre. We got to where we did with the negative approach, so you can understand him sticking with it for the starting line up. But even if you try and argue it was only because of the approach, that we got to where we did, then you would have to agree that he completely altered his in game approach, and consequently f$%ked it up.

He changed his approach in the final, kept Grealish on the bench, and we lost as a result. Had he brought Jack on at 60 minutes, I'm convinced they'd have had a man sent off and we'd be celebrating him having changed the game like he did against Germany.

Southgate was emboldened by his negative s%&t, and then took it a degree further in the final. If he'd lost earlier, England would be better off for it. Getting to and losing the final means we're stuck with him for another 1.5 years, and Grealish will continue to be ignored.

So glad that we get to see Grealish used properly (whether on the left or in the middle) playing for Villa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

I will never forgive Southgate for the way he treated Grealish in this tournament.

Villa fans won't forgive Southgate over his handling of Grealish.  United fans won't forgive him for not using Sancho enough (sub-debate ensues: "Yeah, but Sancho isn't a protean, one-off talent like Grealish," say Villa fans. "Yeah, but Sancho is younger, yet has already played in Champions League matches and has won the DFB Cup final with Dortmund. In any case, Villa fans have a distorted view of Grealish," say United fans, etc.).  City fans won't forgive him because he didn't use Foden enough.  Arsenal fans won't forgive him for placing too much responsibility on the shoulders of Saka.  If Atletico were an English club, their fans would be slamming him for being quite sparing in his use of Trippier's calming presence.  Who'd be England manager.. (I very much agree that Southgate treated Jack shoddily, btw.)

Edited by deck
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Swear to God.

That tournament and the minimal media exposure Grealish has had has resulted in the gushing (both literal and methaphorical) of praise for Jack from the nations women.

Excellent marketing opportunity!

I’ve noticed this too. You can see why his agent would be getting excited right now.

33 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Swear to God.

That tournament and the minimal media exposure Grealish has had has resulted in the gushing (both literal and methaphorical) of praise for Jack from the nations women.

Excellent marketing opportunity!

Axe Body Spray will come calling surely.

Jack Body Spray

5 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It appears they truly have joined the ballon ego fan types akin to Manure & the other scummy 6 clubs. Clearly not original Man City fans just more top wearing glory hunter types who live for belittling others from the delusion of being permanent residents of the top 4 spots that their owners wealth alone brings. 

I hope we do not ever get like that as a fan base if ever we gatecrash the party.

They are not alone however, i speak to similarly blinkered fans at work every night who "support" all sorts of teams. Even had a Derby fan the other night who was genuinely convinced they were a much bigger club than Villa :crylaugh: 

It was a couple of Forest fans who took the "p" out of him for it however not me so i didn't even need to bother saying a thing.

As for Jack staying? Lets hope so. Maybe then with all the attention on him & the overall opposition fans view of "him being by far the best player we have in a really poor villa team" we can continue to slowly build a side who can challenge them and knock them of their perch from time to time.

Agree, although its just not the modern fans either. The press are obsessed in trying to unsettle players into moving clubs. We've already seen the likes of Rice, Phillips and our Jack being linked daily with 'big' clubs. They hate seeing a player happy outside of any of the top 4 teams. 

Â