The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

58 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

So some clearing in the woods on the Blue Moon forum works at BMH?

Jack Grealish | Page 944 | Bluemoon - the leading Manchester City forum (bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk)

Reading that thread, most of them seem really level-headed and appreciate how good he is, whilst sticking up for him in regards to the amount of fouls he endures and those who mock him for his hair. 

That said, what I'm not getting from them is an understanding of how much clout Nas and Wes have and how slowly (not really that slowly) but surely we're working our way back up to the top.

They admire if he wants to stay with Villa whilst suggesting it will be at a result of missing out on any meaningful trophy. 

That's where the lack of deeper knowledge on Villa comes in. If Villa weren't progressing then the fans would understand him moving on but we're shrewdly moving forward and closing the gap. 

A few don't seem to understand just how good he is either. Given the same amount of ball and freedom in that City team as Foden or Sterling, he would match or beat them in end product. 

• Like 1

“Delph” is actually trending on twitter 😆 

A mix of City fans clutching at straws as to why they can still get him and Villa fans making reference to 6/7 years ago.

Jack was there then, in the very same photoshoot, and saw first hand the knock on effect of what that transfer window did to the club he loves. I doubt he’d instigate it all happening again. I was wondering if he’d be part of the sales drive and promo material. Glad he is. Confirms all our suspicions that he was never going this window. Got a great season to look ahead to now and more signings to see come through that famous door. UTV 😎

46 minutes ago, Folski said:

Betfair / Paddy power are offering 15/8 that he stays max bet £250 €311.

I've just chunked €300 on with each of them.

I think it's free money, now mind you wont get paid till 3rd of September but how bad.

For what it’s worth, I know a relative of Jack’s. They said the talk of him leaving was his agent looking for a best deal, he was always staying. I know it’s nothing, but it’s hopeful at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

They admire if he wants to stay with Villa whilst suggesting it will be at a result of missing out on any meaningful trophy. 

I've been posting on Blue Moon for several weeks and it's the complete opposite. Maybe 5% like this the rest "If he wants to succeed he'll push for the transfer and you Villa fans shouldn't begrudge him because you'll never win trophies like we will" or words to that effect. I posted that I liked City fans back in the day when they had less hubris and got jumped on though some old heads understood

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been posting on Blue Moon for several weeks and it's the complete opposite. Maybe 5% like this the rest "If he wants to succeed he'll push for the transfer and you Villa fans shouldn't begrudge him because you'll never win trophies like we will" or words to that effect. I posted that I liked City fans back in the day when they had less hubris and got jumped on though some old heads understood

Interesting! I judged on the few pages I read rather than delve. I can't keep up with VillaTalk as it is! 

I grew up with Villa football when Little, Gregory and O'Neill were in charge and City were you're middle of the road/Burnley club in the main. 

Some need reminding of that and that other clubs can rise and close the gap, even if the rules brought in make it a bit more difficult. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Some need reminding of that and that other clubs can rise and close the gap, even if the rules brought in make it a bit more difficult. 

One guy has made a lot of posts like that recently and been jumped on as well. Can't help but think there's a few millennial non manc glory hunters on there

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

It appears they truly have joined the ballon ego fan types akin to Manure & the other scummy 6 clubs. Clearly not original Man City fans just more top wearing glory hunter types who live for belittling others from the delusion of being permanent residents of the top 4 spots that their owners wealth alone brings. 

I hope we do not ever get like that as a fan base if ever we gatecrash the party.

They are not alone however, i speak to similarly blinkered fans at work every night who "support" all sorts of teams. Even had a Derby fan the other night who was genuinely convinced they were a much bigger club than Villa :crylaugh: 

It was a couple of Forest fans who took the "p" out of him for it however not me so i didn't even need to bother saying a thing.

As for Jack staying? Lets hope so. Maybe then with all the attention on him & the overall opposition fans view of "him being by far the best player we have in a really poor villa team" we can continue to slowly build a side who can challenge them and knock them of their perch from time to time.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It appears they truly have joined the ballon ego fan types akin to Manure & the other scummy 6 clubs. Clearly not original Man City fans just more top weraing glory hunter types who live for belittling others from the delusion of being permanent residents of the top 4 spots that their owners wealth alone brings. 

I hope we do not ever get like that as a fan base if ever we gatecrash the party.

They are not alone however, i speak to similarly blinkered fans at work every night who "support" all sorts of teams. Even had a Derby fan the other night who was genuinely convinced they were a much bigger club than Villa :crylaugh: 

It was a couple of Forest fans who took the "p" out of him for it however not me so i didn't even need to bother saying a thing.

As for Jack staying? Lets hope so. Maybe then with all the attention on him & the overall opposition fans view of Him being by far the best player we have in a really poor villa team" we can continue to slowly build a side who can challenge them and knock them of their perch from time to time.

I expect a couple more signings, I don’t think we’re that far away from top 6 with Jack only getting better. I think we’re nearly there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It appears they truly have joined the ballon ego fan types akin to Manure & the other scummy 6 clubs. Clearly not original Man City fans just more top wearing glory hunter types who live for belittling others from the delusion of being permanent residents of the top 4 spots that their owners wealth alone brings. 

As for Jack staying? Lets hope so. Maybe then with all the attention on him & the overall opposition fans view of "him being by far the best player we have in a really poor villa team" we can continue to slowly build a side who can challenge them and knock them of their perch from time to time.

This is from the absolute goldmine that is Blue Moon forum.

image.png.be8b877749ef9a01320204293f14f699.png

I.... I mean.... its, its just staggering...

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

I can't wait till we are a Dortmund type in this League. ( Next season on? )

Not necessarily taking the piss with signings, but have enough clout to keep our best players, sign the best young players, and tell " Big clubs " to piss off as we please.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can't wait till we are a Dortmund type in this League. ( Next season on? )

Not necessarily taking the piss with signings, but have enough clout to keep our best players, sign the best young players, and tell " Big clubs " to piss off as we please.

Yeah, and the odd CL final appearance would be nice as well!

• Like 1

Â