The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I worry we are a few defensive minded players short tonight. :rolleyes: Not playing Jack (no doubt on grounds of experience) but giving Saka his 2nd start, what's that all about?  No start for Foden either, so much for taking the game to them. Unbelievable that the FA were happy with our performances in the competition so far and were willing to extend his contract, whatever happens tonight. Three at the back but no place for Mings? This team will do well to take the game far enough to lose it on penalties! This selection must give the opposition a real confidence boost, as the manager is clearly running scared on our own patch. :(

55 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see us winning by going gungho either....Its having the ability to know when to apply what.

We need to be able to do both, that is the tricky bit.....The best teams can do both and moreover, know when to do both.....They know how to seize on to the dynamics of the game.

If Switzerland can play on the front foot against the reigning World champions, then I'm sure we have the  capabilities to take the game to Germany. Fortune and all that.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think its more to do with understanding the relationship between defence and attack.....I am not trying to be holier than thou, but the quality of defenders in todays football, is so much more advanced than yesteryear.

The result is, its harder to score.....ask yourself how many headed goals have been scored or assisted so far in this tournament( probably one of the most likely ways of scoring).....but heading the ball seems to be frowned upon today.

How many talented teams have gone out so far......How many times have the pundits turned to "Team Work" "Mental Attitude" "Desire" "Intensity"....all these things are crucial, we sometimes call it "Application"....Courage and Bravery are paramount.

The old saying is so right " Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard"......

You have to have both, one won't do.....mistakes will always happen, even to the best, but the will and desire to succeed is priceless......That's what Villa had in 1982.....I am hoping its creeping back.

There was 5 just yesterday TRO.

• Thanks 1

Southgate is pissing me off now. He needs sacking from the job.

Watching this match and I'm surprised the Germans didn't take there chances, mean while though and Grealish is a sub.It's like we have nothing up front or even in the middle of the park.

I still can't believe Phillips gets picked just like that, I mean he has had no where near the trouble Grealish has had at being picked.

There's just something not right with how Southgate is with Grealish 

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If he dont throw him on for the whole second half!! Kane is pointless in this team

He’s pointless without someone playing at 10, so isolated. If only England had a player that could do a job there.

Â