The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think it's reasonable to believe he'll give us at least another year, he signed a 5 year deal last year knowing it was quite unlikely we would finish high enough to play European football next season, which we most likely won't be. Regardless, we've still had an overall good season desire 2021 form, and that's with him missing about a third of it. If we sign the right players in the summer we can be very competitive next season, and if we fail to achieve European football then it would be fair for him to look elsewhere.

If he leaves this summer it doesn't really make much sense for him to have signed the new deal in September.

But anything could happen really 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I can't be bothered to actually scroll through the pages but this comment has been copied verbatim every summer since 2016 on this thread. 

It's exhausting. 

The defeatism is striking. Jack is going nowhere.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Villareport quoting the Birmingham Mail is like a double negative, so I'm almost inclined to believe this.

Palace away isn't until Sunday 16th though and we're playing Everton at home that Thursday. Sure he's not just talking about going for a piss up, not his injury?

Signing for Arsenal 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, grobs said:

I don’t know why and have no real supporting evidence but I just have a feeling he will go this summer. But I disagree that we would get over 100 million for him. Would probably agree with other posters that he probably has a buyout clause at 100m

Welcome back mate.

How do you feel about Grealish turning into one of the best players in the world?

Brilliant isn't he? You must be so happy for him?

Won’t leave this window. If he ever does leave he will want it to be on a high, and there is no such occasion at the moment. I also think the “top teams” have a bit of a smell about them at the moment.

My money is on another bumper new 5yr contract for Jack, and a big summer spend to underline the clubs intent to keep their best and kick on. He is so valuable to the club he is a talisman for the owners seriousness about their investment, the clubs direction and momentum,they can almost not afford to lose him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Won’t leave this window. If he ever does leave he will want it to be on a high, and there is no such occasion at the moment. I also think the “top teams” have a bit of a smell about them at the moment.

My money is on another bumper new 5yr contract for Jack, and a big summer spend to underline the clubs intent to keep their best and kick on. He is so valuable to the club he is a talisman for the owners seriousness about their investment, the clubs direction and momentum,they can almost not afford to lose him.

Yeah. There's no reason to jump ship just yet. We've made a monumental leap forward this season. We can yet finish above both Everton and Arsenal, which was unthinkable 2 years ago when we got promoted. NSWE are going to back us again next summer, he's going to get even more quality around him. If he was excited about Ross Barkley this year, imagine next summer? I think the minute we look like we've regressed or even stagnated he'll be gone. As long as we're on such a steep upward curve and he remains in the England set up, I think he's more than happy to stay a couple more years.

• Like 1

Getting a bit worried by this, it's all the conspiracy surrounding Grealish it does my head in. 

The media desperately want him to play for a 'big six' club so he could be the new Beckham and they are doing everything they can to engineer a move.

I don't think he'll be back this season now.

In a way i'm both worried and confident by that. People might speculate it's because we already have an agreement in place but on the other hand this 'injury' might put off potential suitors?

I think it is the latter and that the injury will scupper any move as Grealish has NEVER played a full season.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Getting a bit worried by this, it's all the conspiracy surrounding Grealish it does my head in. 

The media desperately want him to play for a 'big six' club so he could be the new Beckham and they are doing everything they can to engineer a move.

I don't think he'll be back this season now.

In a way i'm both worried and confident by that. People might speculate it's because we already have an agreement in place but on the other hand this 'injury' might put off potential suitors?

I think it is the latter and that the injury will scupper any move as Grealish has NEVER played a full season.

He’s  not going anywhere, but if he was a at “big 6” club he wouldn’t be playing every game like he does for us so it’s not really that big of a deal

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Welcome back mate.

How do you feel about Grealish turning into one of the best players in the world?

Brilliant isn't he? You must be so happy for him?

One of the best players in the world? Can I have some of what you’ve been taking? 

he misses 12 games a season with sore shins. He’s done well this season but if he was one of the best players in the world he would not be playing for us 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s  not going anywhere, but if he was a at “big 6” club he wouldn’t be playing every game like he does for us so it’s not really that big of a deal

He would still probably play more games due to how many competitions they are in.

Let me give Mahrez  and Foden as 2examples. They have played 45 and 46 games this season. More than what Grealish would play even if he featured in every league game for us.

I think as fans we focus on the lack of rotation too much. Playing 38 games shouldn’t be such a big problem.  The problem has been when we’ve had a large number of games in a short period due to Covid.

• Like 1

Based on what he said yesterday it looks like he'll feature in the final 3 then.  That's what I expected.  Not too many games to risk him but enough to prove he's fit enough for the Euros.

On 04/05/2021 at 19:08, a m ole said:

Signing for Arsenal 

Ah yes, his other club he has been a life long fan of and wanted to join since he was a wee boy.   :rolleyes:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ah yes, his other club he has been a life long fan of and wanted to join since he was a wee boy.   :rolleyes:

It certainly explains why he donned a Villa shirt just to sneak into Bodymoor and get that photo with Merson, all those years ago. Those Gooners will stop at nothing to show their pashun! I just can’t work out whether he became a United fan after or before he supported Spurs. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1

Â