The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Because it'll damage his value.

Villa don't want City or Utd suddenly making noises they'll be getting him for under £50m because he's got some long term problem.

Jack (and his agent) doesn't want City/Utd not to be interested because they think he's got something where he could miss half a season every year.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought it was shin splints?

Shin splints seems likely or at least part of the problem. I dont think anyone knows the exact detail although rumours are hes had an operation on it and a subsequent scan to see if it's healed. Dean is bullish he'll be fine for the Euros so got to assume he will get a few games in before the season is out.

Looking to next season, if it is something that Jack has to live with long term then surely Dean will have to rest him where possible or sub him off occasionally on 70 mins if the game allows. We all know he hates being subbed but if it helps prevent him being out for months at a time... 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Villa don't want City or Utd suddenly making noises they'll be getting him for under £50m because he's got some long term problem.

Jack (and his agent) doesn't want City/Utd not to be interested because they think he's got something where he could miss half a season every year.

Are you of the opinion Utd, City, etc won't undertake a thorough medical if they do decide to sign Jack? What Villa say will have absolutely zero impact on this.

• Haha 1

I'm gonna predict he'll be back for the last three.  Give he chance to get some minutes before the Euros but not expose him to as much risk.

He should be safely into the squad now anyone with squads now being 26 players.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

All the secrecy makes it worse,  social media think he’s a drug addict, what do you think other clubs think about us being so cagey

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not so sure on that.

You know he's under contract we don't have to sell. If we come out saying he's having a lengthy period out it won't damage his valuation because if he's that good soon as he's back he will just start doing what he does best all over again. Sure there may be a slight devaluation but it's not going to be a mad amount. Man utd, City or whoever can make all the noises they want, simply put they won't be getting him if we don't want to sell him.

If any of those clubs want Jack, if we did by any chance sell which I do not think is going to happen for more reason than I can count on my hands, then Villa would simply say whatever price they see fit still. It makes no difference whether Jack is out injured, everyone at Villa knows full well as soon as he's back he may take abit to get back upto speed again but once he does he's going to be at his best again.

Summer transfers come and I've a feeling that the so called big 6 will hold back some transfer money anyway and not overspend. I don't think they will spent there usual amount, not unless they learn what is going to happen to them as punishment before summer window opens for there super League nonsense.

They are not going to come in and pay us 100-150 mill or more knowing they can go abroad and get two or three players for that price.

• Like 2

Are the teams going to really spend £150 million on a player who won't play more than thirty games per season? I think he seems to be averaging around thirty.

I say £150 million as it really has to be at least that surely?

I was reminded earlier Burnley held out over Tarkowski and they wanted upwards of £50 million. 

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Are you of the opinion Utd, City, etc won't undertake a thorough medical if they do decide to sign Jack?

No, I imagine they would do a medical.

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

What Villa say will have absolutely zero impact on this.

I disagree.

21 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Reading in the Brum Mail that he has a scan booked to "see the extent of his injury". Surely this would have already been done ages ago wouldn't it? 

Another scan to see the extent of the healing more like. If its positive news he'll be back on the training pitch I should think. 

EDIT: Jack has just updated his Instagram story showing use of red light therapy on his leg.

Edited by birdman
  • Like 2

Â