The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think he will play on Thursday. Particularly with Ollie being out. We need a lift and the stage is set. 

I'm just picturing him putting it on a plate for Davis about 20 times.  Surely he'll score one of them.

• Haha 1

With his type of injury, honestly not sure if i'd rush him, especially with the season pretty much safe.

Was speaking to my mate, who's a coach, and he told me that Shin Splints are a horrible injury.

As you just can't necessarily pinpoint when they will pop up, how to treat them, and that they are immensely painful.

( The conversation started with him asking me if it's true that he isn't playing, because he is going to City, mind ). lol

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Mate I hate to break this news to you as we have it ingrained as Villa supporters to be constantly worried about top flight survival. 

But the three teams have been relegated this season. Its over. You can breath.

😁

Until VAR recheck and the FA give us a 20 point deduction for Ollie Watkins bringing the game into disrepute, against Manchester United.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With his type of injury, honestly not sure if i'd rush him, especially with the season pretty much safe.

Was speaking to my mate, who's a coach, and he told me that Shin Splints are a horrible injury.

As you just can't necessarily pinpoint when they will pop up, how to treat them, and that they are immensely painful.

( The conversation started with him asking me if it's true that he isn't playing, because he is going to City, mind ). lol

Common in recruit training for the army (normally career-ending) and triggered by lots of running and fast marching with weight. First time I’ve heard of anyone getting them from just running around, and it’s one that’ll need to be managed very carefully in future. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

First time I’ve heard of anyone getting them from just running around

Seriously, you’ve not heard of shin splints in athletics? 😂 running around is pretty much the cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its like Oswald- Schlatter disease, in so much its knowing  what to do with it.....and how long it takes, because of the uncertain time limit, it has prompted conspiracy theories.

Andy Cole had shin splints  badly too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Seriously, you’ve not heard of shin splints in athletics? 😂 running around is pretty much the cause.

No I hadn’t, but not a great fan of watching people run around a track tbf.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Awol said:

Common in recruit training for the army (normally career-ending) and triggered by lots of running and fast marching with weight. First time I’ve heard of anyone getting them from just running around, and it’s one that’ll need to be managed very carefully in future. 

I had shin splints injury when I was younger from playing too much footy (and footy training) apparently from having flat feet.  I had to rest for a week or two and then it would ease up slowly.  I got it a few times and I wasnt in the army or anything like that, I just used to play footy a lot every week for various teams or socially.   Nowhere any decent level of footy but was due to my flat feet and playing too often....

• Like 1

I had shin splints about 8 years ago when I regularly played football; I would get them, rest them up for a month and then first game back they would reappear. Other weeks I could get them, rest them for a few days and they would be fine.

Strange injury that I still don't quite understand, even last year I was getting them; but through the last lockdown I started running 5k's a few times each week and haven't had them at all.

It will all come down to how Jack responds to training this week; if they reappear he won't play Thursday and will be back resting them. If he doesn't get any pain then he should be available Thursday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â