The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Any news on his return? Will he be back for Man U?

Wouldn't imagine he'd play again this season as only a couple of weeks left and he isnt back in full training is he? No point rushing him back for final two games for him to make it worse.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Wouldn't imagine he'd play again this season as only a couple of weeks left and he isnt back in full training is he? No point rushing him back for final two games for him to make it worse.

I think Jack will want to play if he can. He will want to prove his fitness ahead of the Euros. He is a naturally fit lad so there’s hope. Maybe Everton?

It seems pretty daft to bring him back now. But there's obviously the WC to think about for him.

Could also be him and AVFC have been assured by Southgate he has a spot in the squad regardless of coming back early for match fitness.

Thought it was slightly bizarre that on a show held during a protest against the man utd owners who have managed to turn a debtless in into one with a debt of £450m, the pundits decide that utd need to buy kane and grealish - £200m+ of footballing talent.

Just for shits and giggles, where do you think villa would have finished this season if jack hadn't played a single game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Just for shits and giggles, where do you think villa would have finished this season if jack hadn't played a single game?

i think a lot of people will say we would go down but honestly the bottom are proper **** dire, the lack of effort and care that has plagued us for the last few months might not have been there if we were in a relegation fight

we'd be about 16th or 15th, the main difference is that we would be garbage to watch every week, I've enjoyed villa this year 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Interesting question. Obviously Jack adds a massive amount as an individual but we're also used to playing through him.

If we got used to playing without him I'd hope the players we have would still get us 13/14th.

Who knows though, that's not a world I want to consider!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Thought it was slightly bizarre that on a show held during a protest against the man utd owners who have managed to turn a debtless in into one with a debt of £450m, the pundits decide that utd need to buy kane and grealish - £200m+ of footballing talent.

If you're saying that Grealish had got injured the day before the season started and was therefore out for the best part of a year, then I'd say we finish about where Newcastle are now. The defence is good enough to ensure we would pick up enough draws and odd wins. We would likely also have addressed that we are missing by far our best player in the January window.

People like Merson annoy me in the media saying Villa will go down next season without him. As if A) we make no attempt to replace him, almost like he never existed, and that B. we dont improve the rest of the team, like we have in a major way each of the last couple of summer windows.

• Like 2

Maybe the Everton performance shows we are finally beginning to learn how to play without him. No one can deny Everton are a good solid team. We were much better than them and thoroughly deserved the victory. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yes. The very same people who said (quite rightly) the the proposed super league was wrong and would only make the so called big six bigger now want to make them even bigger in the Prem by keep buying the best players from other clubs.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Top banter lads

...waiting but have all the background to make this a done deal.

What does that mean? Smells like air freshener masking BS to me.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Same as we have or will because the playing style would have evolved differently and our team make up would have been different ...... ie: we'd have bought differently.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think a lot of people will say we would go down but honestly the bottom are proper **** dire, the lack of effort and care that has plagued us for the last few months might not have been there if we were in a relegation fight

we'd be about 16th or 15th, the main difference is that we would be garbage to watch every week, I've enjoyed villa this year 

Pretty much, we’d be a more pragmatic side in the Palace/Brighton/Southampton territory. Man for man without Jack our squad is somewhere between 11th and 17th.

Â