The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Is this thread ever about anything but selling him???

Although it’d be heartbreaking if he did leave, I think the status quo would be roughly the same. £140m is a good chunk of cash to improve to essentially where we are WITH Grealish. If we sell him it isn’t the end of the world but it would be harder for fans to get over on an emotional level than say Young or Benteke or even Barry. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Top banter lads

I thought players left to play for top clubs?

Edited by dubbs

100m buyout clause was in his new contract. You heard it here first 😀

All makes sense.  Why he agreed to sign a new contract and why Villa are preparing to be without him next season. 

26 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

100m buyout clause was in his new contract. You heard it here first 😀

All makes sense.  Why he agreed to sign a new contract and why Villa are preparing to be without him next season. 

Lol are they?!

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

£100m isn't even 2 Dwight McNeils, apparently.

If he's worth 50 mill......wide berth springs to mind.

Edited by TRO

He’s not going anywhere, we don’t need to sell we don’t have to sell and nobody can afford him, If Burnley are able to price teams out of their players there’s no reason why we can’t!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s not going anywhere, we don’t need to sell we don’t have to sell and nobody can afford him, If Burnley are able to price teams out of their players there’s no reason why we can’t!

Unless there is a buyout clause.  Id bet there is.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Im sure there is, but I can’t see anybody meeting it

If it's £100m we've woefully undervalued him. I'd actually prefer there to be no buyout clause that way can be total pricks on any negotiating table.

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If it's £100m we've woefully undervalued him. I'd actually prefer there to be no buyout clause that way can be total pricks on any negotiating table.

The truth is we have no idea what it is or if it even exists but I’m sure his agent would have ensured he had one just in case the project goes tits up at villa, surely he’s worth at least the same fee as Coutinho was 3 - 4 years ago around the £120m mark. Is  there any player in the premier league that’s been sold to another premier league club for £100m though?  

• Like 1

I don’t know why and have no real supporting evidence but I just have a feeling he will go this summer. But I disagree that we would get over 100 million for him. Would probably agree with other posters that he probably has a buyout clause at 100m

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I can't be bothered to actually scroll through the pages but this comment has been copied verbatim every summer since 2016 on this thread. 

It's exhausting. 

For what it's worth, I have a feeling he'll stay.

Already confirmed he wants to stay while we're progressing, he's already said in interviews they hoped to be mid table this season (and he signed a new contract with those expectations), so why would he push for a move. Not to mention getting an England call up. 

When he's been injured for a third of the season, the notion of a transfer becomes pretty laughable to me.

Edited by MrBlack

Â