The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Only muppets nowadays sign players on huge contracts without extensive medicals last several days. The days of managers being able to sign off on anything are long gone.

Oh except when we signed Micah Richards.

5 minutes into the medical.

"His knees are shot."

Sod it.

1 hour ago, birdman said:

Another scan to see the extent of the healing more like. If its positive news he'll be back on the training pitch I should think. 

EDIT: Jack has just updated his Instagram story showing use of red light therapy on his leg.

Off topic but my red light laser I ordered from China just arrived. Going to try it on my ankle. 

Hope it works for me and Jack.

edit: just seen the Instagram. Jack has a proper red light machine :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but my red light laser I ordered from China just arrived. Going to try it on my ankle. 

Remember to stop If you smell burning lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Only muppets nowadays sign players on huge contracts without extensive medicals last several days. The days of managers being able to sign off on anything are long gone.

"His knees are shot."

Sod it.

Yeah but Jack is no more injury prone than Kevin De Bruyne or Aguero,  Mings had a  injury record but we forked out money for him, Gareth Bale passed his medical while injured! 

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah but Jack is no more injury prone than Kevin De Bruyne or Aguero,  Mings had a  injury record but we forked out money for him, Gareth Bale passed his medical while injured! 

De Bruyne does seem to get injured quite often don't he?

Main difference obviously being the squad.

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

De Bruyne does seem to get injured quite often don't he?

Main difference obviously being the squad.

Yes but if there where a team in the world that could afford KDB  it wouldn’t impact his price or failure of a medical like suggested here earlier, medicals are a bit of a joke tbh.

22 hours ago, birdman said:

Another scan to see the extent of the healing more like. If its positive news he'll be back on the training pitch I should think. 

EDIT: Jack has just updated his Instagram story showing use of red light therapy on his leg.

bart simpson GIF

There's the next rumour... 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like a proper red light zone around here, just without any decent chicks.

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

"His knees are shot."

Sod it.

They probably wanted to get the medical over and done with as quickly as possible because he was laughing so loudly at anything and everything.

No one should be that happy. Not even someone who earned millions hobbling around training pitches for years.

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

They probably wanted to get the medical over and done with as quickly as possible because he was laughing so loudly at anything and everything.

No one should be that happy. Not even someone who earned millions hobbling around training pitches for years.

Quaaludes can do that to a man, its not his fault. 

There seems to be a gathering storm relating to Jack joining City. I have always felt that he would definitely stay this summer but I am starting to get a bit nervous. I think City are the only team who could lure him away. It must be tempting for anybody if they come calling. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

There seems to be a gathering storm relating to Jack joining City. I have always felt that he would definitely stay this summer but I am starting to get a bit nervous. I think City are the only team who could lure him away. It must be tempting for anybody if they come calling. 

to work with Pep and play with his hero De Bruyne he'd be very tempted. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

to work with Pep and play with his hero De Bruyne he'd be very tempted. 

Agreed. He must fancy playing in massive finals and CL matches. I think he has 1 season left at Villa at most. I would take that to be honest.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear his injury described as a stress/load injury this week, that's good I guess in that it can be managed and planned, but bad in that Jack is never going to be a player that can play fifty odd games a season. We'll need to be careful about when we rest him going forward I think - no more league cup for him and the occasional rest elsewhere.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting to hear his injury described as a stress/load injury this week, that's good I guess in that it can be managed and planned, but bad in that Jack is never going to be a player that can play fifty odd games a season. We'll need to be careful about when we rest him going forward I think - no more league cup for him and the occasional rest elsewhere.

Needs to stop throwing a moody when Smith subs him off then!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

To be honest OBE are there any players who operate along the front 4/5 that play 50 games a year? A club that has that many games is competitive in domestic and European competitions and those clubs have high quality squads so players don't have to play every game.

However I do remember one year under MON when we played in the Europa and did well in the cups. I think the first 11 played about 60 games that year!

• Like 1

Â