The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's right up there in all the stats that matter against the very best in Europe..... Will he be in the Ballon Dor conversation?

Maybe in the overall pool of players who can be voted for... but the fact that he hasn’t played in the la-de-dah Champions League and “only plays for Villa”, he won’t be in the running by a long shot

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's right up there in all the stats that matter against the very best in Europe..... Will he be in the Ballon Dor conversation?

No.  

Jack needs to play Champions League football for that to happen.  He's not going to get Champions League football in a Villa shirt.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

No.  

Jack needs to play Champions League football for that to happen.  He's not going to get Champions League football in a Villa shirt.  

When he scores the winner in the Euros he may be in with a shout. 

This will happen.

It is known. 

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

When he scores the winner in the Euros he may be in with a shout. 

This will happen.

It is known. 

If England win the euros and grealish is the best player (he would have to be for us to win let's face it). He definitely has a chance. But I still think if that happened Kane would win it because he plays in the champions league. 

No.  

That’s not beyond the realms of possibilities though. Over the next 2-3 seasons. I think that’s where the owners intend to be swimming. I think we’re at catalyst moment, this season and next, much like spurs were prior to their push on the top 4. Of course much more competitive now, but it’s not wild to suggest that Grealish plays in the CL in a Villa shirt. 

Oh, unless you mean this season. Lol, yes maybe that is impossible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colhint said:

Anyway the England team should be 

Keeper 

Some defenders

1 DM

Some tiki takis

Jack and Kane.

Close.

Keeper

The current villa back four

1 DM

Some tiki takis

Jack and kane

Do any of you statisticians know where jack stands in yellow cards caused? I feel he would be up there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Not a chance!

Not because of his talent obviously but no way will he be considered for that trophy in the slightest at the moment for so many reasons.  You have to remember how we feel about him, the rest of the world are only just starting to see him, he’s only just got in the England team and isn’t even guaranteed a starting spot and plus he hasn’t played in Europe competition or major intl competition.  They will be spunking over the usual suspects plus Man Us Fernandes.  Even Foden will be ahead of Jack if Man City romp the league.  

We all know how these trophies work, Jack won’t be getting a look either for the trophy or teams currently, he’s just not viewed that way yet by the wider audience. He needs more exposure at the higher level which we’ll offer him in future years in Europe.

• Like 1

No.  

Not next year maybe but after that who knows. He's good enough, we're building a great young team around him and we've got the money.

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not next year maybe but after that who knows. He's good enough, we're building a great young team around him and we've got the money.

Problem is next season;

Man City will be there, Liverpool will sort their CB situation, United are united, Chelsea will improve, Leicester are now there or there abouts. Arsenal should improve, Everton are looking strong again. 

Next season will be ALOT harder than this season. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Problem is next season;

Man City will be there, Liverpool will sort their CB situation, United are united, Chelsea will improve, Leicester are now there or there abouts. Arsenal should improve, Everton are looking strong again. 

I think we'll be better next season too. Our players are still improving and I expect us to sign 3/4 very high quality players in the summer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

No.  

Why exactly? Bielsa was nominated for the best FIFA coach award for some bizarre reason. Are there one set of rules for players and another for coaches?

And tbh, I can honestly see us getting CL football soon. We are that good. 

7 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Problem is next season;

Thing is. So will we. We are looking absolutely fantastic this season with next to no squad depth and key players like Watkins without any PL experience. Next season could easily see us taking another step. 

And teams will always try to improve. They tried to this season as well. Yet we look to have gained the most ground. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

He’s such a special player, completely unique. Man United must be kicking themselves that they managed to turn his head but not put a package together he couldn’t refuse.

You could drop him into any team and make them better. I’m surprised the big 2 from Spain are not sniffing around.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised the big 2 from Spain are not sniffing around.

With the reported debt they can't afford him

I would say to be fair the media are pretty quiet on him leaving beyond the utd stuff, would suggest to me that Jack and his agent aren't taking the piss out of us, the utd stuff coming their end rather than Jack's 

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't go back far enough. Ashley Young got 17 assists in 2007/2008, and Barry got 10 that season too.

Hitzlsperger and Milner have also had 9 assists in a season for us.

Edit: Actually, those are numbers in all competitions, Young only got 14 in the league.

Only:D

• Haha 2

Â