The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I read yesterday, he’s been fouled in 160 consecutive matches. 
He’s the first Villa player to reach 9 assists in a season. We’re at the half way stage of the season. That’s amazing figures. 
Best player in the league and others fans know it now. 

He's not the first Villa player to reach 9 assists in a season, pretty sure Ashley young got 11 or something at some point.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He's not the first Villa player to reach 9 assists in a season, pretty sure Ashley young got 11 or something at some point.

He got 10 for us in 2010/11. I reckon Jack might get a couple more before the end of the season to top that :D 

I didn't go back far enough. Ashley Young got 17 assists in 2007/2008, and Barry got 10 that season too.

Hitzlsperger and Milner have also had 9 assists in a season for us.

Edit: Actually, those are numbers in all competitions, Young only got 14 in the league.

Edited by Davkaus

If we can somehow get European football, that along with Jack will be a huge carrot to dangle for any future signings. That would be the trigger for "The Next Level". 

We simply cannot pass up this opportunity in what is a unique season. Imagine european nights and the team being led out by Jack into a floodlit, packed Villa Park! 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Its laughable that we had him in the championship!

If I'm honest, he wasn't the same player in the Championship.

The raw talent has always been there, but for me, towards the end of last, and THIS season is were he has finally arrived in my book.

I've been hard on him for a while as I've seen the talent but thought he had deficiencies. ( On and off pitch )

But recently, its genuinely difficult for me to nitpick errors. That is usually only when he loses his head.

Some of the praise and comparisons used to be hyperbole in my view, now I finally feel he deserves it.

He is not even at his peak yet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

He was brilliant in the championship, he's improved since, but that doesn't take away how good he was back then, one of the best players to play in that division, so good was he that it was easy to see that he was going to develop into one of the best players in the premier league.

• Thanks 1

I was laughed at a few months ago for suggesting he will be the best player on the planet. 

I'm genuinely still of that opinion and for me I think he is already. There is literally no one who can do what he does, he is a bonafide genius and would walk into any team in the world.

The people we are comparing him to are surrounded by world class talent. Jack has Villa it's miraculous what he is achieving

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The assist last night was a thing of beauty. Weak foot, half volley, one touch and it was a perfect cross. No, it was a pass. He didn't just chuck it in the box. He saw Barkley and picked him out. Best of all, he made it look so easy.

• Like 3

He was good in the championship but it was when he had that freak pre season injury and bulked up where he then started to shine even more. He then had the athleticism to match his technical ability. That athleticism just seems to continue to improve. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I was laughed at a few months ago for suggesting he will be the best player on the planet. 

I'm genuinely still of that opinion and for me I think he is already. There is literally no one who can do what he does, he is a bonafide genius and would walk into any team in the world.

The people we are comparing him to are surrounded by world class talent. Jack has Villa it's miraculous what he is achieving

Same here. I was ridiculed at work for saying it by glory hunting Manure and Liverpool fans. I stand by what I said. He IS the best player in the world now. No doubt in my mind about it.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

Just now, Okonokos said:

The assist last night was a thing of beauty. Weak foot, half volley, one touch and it was a perfect cross. No, it was a pass. He didn't just chuck it in the box. He saw Barkley and picked him out. Best of all, he made it look so easy.

Agreed. He was also running at full tilt which makes it even more impressive.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

He was good in the championship but it was when he had that freak pre season injury and bulked up where he then started to shine even more. He then had the athleticism to match his technical ability. That athleticism just seems to continue to improve. 

The only thing I used to think he didn't have was pace but he's somehow added that to his game. I didn't even think that was possible. Usually you have pace or you don't.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Risso said:

In my nearly 50 years on this planet, he's the best Villa player I've seen. Better than Cowans, Platt and McGrath.  He's simply outstanding.

Yup - for me he's always been the best except 1 (Brian Little) - but I think he is passing that formidable marker now.

Unreal talent.

I remember watching Grealish for our U23s, albeit on streams, but it was obvious he was going to become a very good player even then, he had an ease with the ball that you could tell would translate to a very high level, I remember thinking at the time that he looks like the kind of player you'd expect to see coming through at Barcalona. Also have to remember that he was already playing well for us in the premier league and against premier league opposition in the FA Cup before we were even relegated to the championship, was only really is first season in that division that he had a dip in form, but like I said even then he was still doing okay.

Edited by useless

Jack has taken the title for best Villa player in my lifetime now. I loved McGrath, still do, and Yorke was so exciting to watch. But Jack beats them now for me, he’s such a talent, we’ll do well to develop another like him again in the next 50 years. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

This brings me back to this that I posted on here a few weeks ago.

EriqR2gXcAAAQKQ?format=jpg&name=medium

That's every player in Europe's top five leagues and he's quite literally head and shoulders above.

• Like 3

Â